I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by the7k »

I'll be going to GameStop come pay-day to pick up my pre-ordered copy of Atelier Rorona. I would have pre-ordered at Amazon, but GameStop had the exclusive artbook - and that's an absolute must for me.

Aside from that, I haven't been into a GameStop in a long, long time. It's less to do with me having a vendetta against the place, but more to do with not jack-shit coming out that I give two squirrel farts for. Seriously, this industry can take it's Mafia IIs, Kane & Lynch IIs and the rest of the bland, factory-produced, devoid-of-creative-spark crap and shove them far up their asses.
Mendoza
128-bit

Post by Mendoza »

I tried to buy some games for a friend during their last game days sale and that was a nightmare.

One of the games didnt work so when i brought it back the sale was over and i could only get what i paid for the game.

All the "new" games were gutted of course, and when you did find an actual new copy it was twice the price, hell even the legit used copies were still more.

My last pre order there was for MW2 and considering ive grown to despise that game it wasn't worth the effort.

Amazon is good enough for pre orders, particularly with thier new string of 20 credit offers.

Still i will go once in a while for PS2 games, but other than that, no dice.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

Post by JordanPlayer »

I only go to Gamestop to browse used PS2 and Gamecube games (and also look for pennied strategy guides)... The condition of PS2 games seems to slowly be degrading to disc only w/ generic box so I go even less now.

CRTGAMER wrote:As a side note the new Retro Racks are also shopper unfriendly. One has to flip thru cases to find a particular title. Old racks had ends showing easier to quicky scan.

NEW ROLLING RETRO RACKS DISCOURAGE LOOKING FOR A GAME, HURTING SALES. EVEN WORSE IS THAT DISC ONLY TRAY OF ENVELOPES, WHO WOULD WASTE THEIR TIME LOOKING THRU THAT?
I agree that the rolling racks are harder to quickly browse through; manageable but more annoying than looking on the shelf. At one local Gamestop I have also seen a big tray of disc only games in the manila sleeves... looked at the tray for about 1 second and continued on :lol:
CRTGAMER wrote:...SELL GAMES WITH ALL ORIGINAL COVERS, ORIGINAL CASES (WHICH HAVE A MEMORY CARD HOLDER)...
Just wanted to point out that some PS2 games have shipped from the manufacturer in official PS2 cases that do not contain a memory card holder.
http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets ... PS2/Detail
Last edited by JordanPlayer on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upsidedown Fuji
32-bit

Post by Upsidedown Fuji »

I haven't shopped at a gamestop since Dreamcast was in stores. :) It's been all about Frys, Bestbuy and the internet for me *when I still lived in the US*.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I was at a GameStop a couple of weeks ago. I found a used copy of Cookies and Cream for the PS2 at $5. It was without a case, just a disc in a sleeve. I was going to buy it, but as I was going to go check out, it slipped in a crack between the wall and the checkout counter... so I just made an exit instead.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

This reminds me of AA (not that I've been but what you see on TV). "I was a GameStop shopper and now I've been clean for 18 months. *applause*"

But seriously, I haven't shopped there in over 5 years. Online and local game stores are just so much more pleasant than being aurally molested every few seconds in there browsing and even when attempting to make a purchase. Used game hunting there just sucks (even at my regular locations I frequented).
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
SegaJunkie
24-bit

Post by SegaJunkie »

I bought a Deathsmiles LE from them because no one else was carrying it. I then traded the game only for Shooting Love 200X to a friend whom I had sold to last year. The guy at the store looked at me weird like what is this game about? And I am like its a shmup! , And he is like Ikaruga? And I am like NO. Damn they are clueless.

Gamestop is sucky. I am even more upset I cannot find a Vampire Night with a case and manual since their new retarded policy on cheaper used games. Looks like I will have to use ebay.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I go there probably twice a month. I don't care if that's uncool or whatever. I keep finding really cheap GCN and GBA games.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

OldSchool_Boy wrote:Pre ordered my copy of DJ Hero 2. That is all.

This is kind of off topic but how much is that? Because I'm pretty sure you could buy an actual turntable for a few more dollars. Maybe not a new turntable but a second hand one isn't expensive. I got a Numark and a Technics with a bunch of records from a guy for around $200.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

I haven't been in Gamestop for two weeks now. I always look at the GC, GBA, PS2 and 360 section. I'll probably stop by tomorrow after i stop by Thrift Town. :mrgreen:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here