I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by JC48573 »

When Gamestop told me that they got rid of all the 5 dollar cases, I think that's why I stopped shopping at the store. I only have Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition on reserve and I don't think I have anything else to pre order. I know a lot of games are coming out, but I'm not going to pre order every copy that's going to cost me at least 60 dollars. There is always Amazon or even retail stores like Wal mart and Target that have way better deals. Gamestop deals are not really deals anymore and I don't think they are even trying. Yes, you do save money buying and trading used games, but I feel more rewarded if I can buy a new game for much less from the get go!
Last edited by JC48573 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: I haven't shopped at gamestop in one month!

Post by racketboy »

I stopped even walking into them. I don't think I've bought anything there since I got my used BC 60GB PS3 and a few used games. That was back at the end of 2009.
einzelherz
8-bit

Post by einzelherz »

I haven't bought anything at a gamestop in probably five years.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

I still remember the time when I got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for 10 dollars NEW at Radioshack, while most places were still selling it for 29.99. I enjoy this feeling more than playing games sometimes; it's a great hobby I say.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Till they stop carrying PS2, GC, and GBA I'll shop them. After that....not so much.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

I've only been in a gamestop once. Weird. I never stopped to think about that.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

The last time I went to Gamestop, I traded in my 360 arcade. It was getting a ton of disk read errors and seemed like it was about to RROD. I traded it in for the Elite which was discontinued about a week or two later.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Flake wrote:Till they stop carrying PS2, GC, and GBA I'll shop them. After that....not so much.

That's what I'm going to do as well. After that I'll stick to retro game shops and the internet.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The only reason I was there semi-recently was to pick up Bioshock 2, but that was only because some one got me a gift card. Otherwise I probably would have picked it up some where else, especially since Game Stop insists on opening up games and selling them as "new".

Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I haven't shopped there in a couple of hours. I got a GameCube disc wallet for a dollar. I'm going back home this weekend and I want to bring my GameCube with me, but I don't want to lug around all my game cases.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001