Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Joeyg329
16-bit

Resident Evil Reference in new family guy episode

by Joeyg329 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Anyone see the new family guy tonight? Its an hour long special about a murder mystery in a mansion? Well there is one scene where peter is going up a staircase, and its the same setup as the staircase in resident evil 1 where the storeroom/save room in underneath and the steps go to the left then up with a railing along the side. Its hard to picture, if you saw it you would know it. It was the same layout and camera angle as peter walked the stairs. Considering i backtracked that hallway for years, i noticed it right away.My gf thinks im crazy and has no idea what im talking about, but my roommate noticed it too. Ill try to find some pics!

I have a pic of the hallway from resident evil remake, different angle but this is the room. The family guy episode had the original ps1 view from the back right corner that pans the whole staircase.

Maybe im nuts but i swear it was a reference. The camera even waited for peter to hit a certain point before it changed!

Anyone else catch it?
Attachments
resident-evil-remake.jpg
resident-evil-remake.jpg (70.52 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Current Systems: Nes (original and Messiah), PC Engine Duo R, Snes, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, CD-I, GB, Game Gear, GBA, Virtual Boy, PS1, Saturn, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS

Check out our Channel, Retro Rampage TV!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRampageTV
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Resident Evil Reference in new family guy episode

by aaron Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:34 pm

it wouldn't surprise me, that show is basically full of media references, most as obscure as possible. imo they should be using way more video game references.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

by t0yrobo Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Wait, Family Guy made a reference to something IN THE CONTEXT of the episode, that's practically unheard of.
PharmaceuticalCowboy
64-bit

by PharmaceuticalCowboy Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:11 am

aaron wrote: imo they should be using way more video game references.

This. But I really think the guys that make these shows are a bit too out of the computer/video game loop as they were mostly art and English types. Of course, I am sure there are plenty of them that love games just as much as all of us, hence the RE reference.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:20 am

This is kind of tangential, but I'll shoot anyway:

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't yet some dot-com billionaire spending his money to build a replica of the Resident Evil mansion.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:23 am

dedalusdedalus wrote:This is kind of tangential, but I'll shoot anyway:

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't yet some dot-com billionaire spending his money to build a replica of the Resident Evil mansion.

That'd be insane, all that space and only a single tiny bathroom.
Ack

by Ack Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 am

AppleQueso wrote:
dedalusdedalus wrote:This is kind of tangential, but I'll shoot anyway:

That'd be insane, all that space and only a single tiny bathroom.

Yeah, and only in that one far wing of the house. And you have to pass a hallway full of zombie dobermans to get to it.

This crazed billionaire should instead spend his funding on a building from Silent Hill 2. At least then there will be plenty of toilets to stick one's arm into.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:33 am

Ack wrote:This crazed billionaire should instead spend his funding on a building from Silent Hill 2. At least then there will be plenty of toilets to stick one's arm into.

Hm, I guess this hypothetical dot-com billionaire with no money sense would have to pick his poison--having only one bathroom, or a lot of permanently locked doors.

I'm kind of torn, but I guess those permanently locked doors could just have nothing but a wall behind them...
benderx
Next-Gen

by benderx Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:11 am

i did not see it except for peter griffin wearing an amor suit down the stair case. just like bill and ted
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Joeyg329
16-bit

by Joeyg329 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

I know the show is practically made of references, and quite honestly i loved the show in the 90's but its overdone and tired now. Just cool to see a very obscure resident evil reference in there
Current Systems: Nes (original and Messiah), PC Engine Duo R, Snes, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, CD-I, GB, Game Gear, GBA, Virtual Boy, PS1, Saturn, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS

Check out our Channel, Retro Rampage TV!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRampageTV
Return to General Gaming