have you ever beaten a game in a language not your own?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: have you ever beaten a game in a language not your own?

Post by the7k »

Gamerforlife wrote:Sin and Punishment, Rockman X 4, some fighters, almost beat Radiant Silvergun and some other games I can't remember right now. Probably Saturn titles

Let's be real, here - if you have a Saturn, and haven't beaten games in Japanese, you're doing it wrong.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

the7k wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Sin and Punishment, Rockman X 4, some fighters, almost beat Radiant Silvergun and some other games I can't remember right now. Probably Saturn titles

Let's be real, here - if you have a Saturn, and haven't beaten games in Japanese, you're doing it wrong.

Damn right, that reminds me. I think I beat Bulk Slash too
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

the7k wrote:

hear hear. i need to tackle that import backlog i've built up. i forgot to mention i've also beat radiant silvergun but that doesn't really count i guess. most of the games i've beaten in japanese aren't that impressive.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

aaron wrote:hear hear. i need to tackle that import backlog i've built up. i forgot to mention i've also beat radiant silvergun but that doesn't really count i guess. most of the games i've beaten in japanese aren't that impressive.

Coming from someone who has played and beaten RPGs in Japanese, I'm always impressed to hear of someone who's beaten the type of game I can admire but just can't really play: the shmup. Granted, that's more about skills, but it's still impressive. Here's a video of me and a friend attempting Radiant Silvergun, to give you an idea: http://www.risingstuff.com/radiant-silv ... l-we-quit/
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

mobiusclimber wrote:
Coming from someone who has played and beaten RPGs in Japanese, I'm always impressed to hear of someone who's beaten the type of game I can admire but just can't really play: the shmup. Granted, that's more about skills, but it's still impressive. Here's a video of me and a friend attempting Radiant Silvergun, to give you an idea: http://www.risingstuff.com/radiant-silv ... l-we-quit/

Radiant Silvergun is honestly the hardest shmup I've ever played. If you wanna play something a bit more laid back, I'd highly recommend Cotton 2.

In fact, I tend to prefer 'Cute Em Ups' like Cotton, Parodius and others because they tend to be games where you can relax but still have fun. I also like that they actually have a color palette and a quirky sense of humor.
rumsawatti
8-bit

Post by rumsawatti »

I beat dissidia finalfantasy in psp...and prince of persia gba in EUR... :D
mobiusclimber
128-bit

Post by mobiusclimber »

the7k wrote:Radiant Silvergun is honestly the hardest shmup I've ever played. If you wanna play something a bit more laid back, I'd highly recommend Cotton 2.

In fact, I tend to prefer 'Cute Em Ups' like Cotton, Parodius and others because they tend to be games where you can relax but still have fun. I also like that they actually have a color palette and a quirky sense of humor.

I'm kind of the same way. I'm not big on shmups (no reflexes, really), but I like the ones that are a bit unusual or have a different visual style. My favorites are Rez, Sol Divide, Abadox, Twinkle Star Sprite and Cho Aniki (PS2).
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

rumsawatti wrote:I beat dissidia finalfantasy in psp...and prince of persia gba in EUR... :D

in what languages?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
rumsawatti
8-bit

Post by rumsawatti »

dissidia was in japenese...
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

the7k wrote:Radiant Silvergun is honestly the hardest shmup I've ever played.
Lol have you played any of the Gundemonium games? My god do they have any mercy in those games? I get migraines playing them!!! Yet I still play the damn things constantly!!!
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!