The Official Racketboy Community Blog Topic

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
NintendoLegend
32-bit

Re: The Official Racketboy Community Blog Topic

Post by NintendoLegend »

geozeldadude wrote:
NintendoLegend wrote:Oh, hey, I totally have a gaming blog...
Nintendo Legend -- one crazy retro gamer's quest to play and review every North American-released NES video game.

nice. subscribed, even though i disagree with a lot of your ratings! ;) on your index page w/ all the titles it would be nice if you could put your rating next to the title.

Thank you for the feedback -- I always appreciate some honesty. :wink: Feel free to debate the ratings with me on my forum (in the sig), or via Twitter, etc. Discussions like that are what keep me going!

Also, eventually the index is going to be redesigned to have four columns per title -- the game title, link to the summary page, link to the full review, and the rating score. :) My life is about to get real busy (getting married in <2 weeks) so I can't guarantee when it will happen... but you're absolutely right, it will be nice!
SkirmishFrogs.com -- A lighthearted retro gaming community.

NintendoLegend.com -- One retro gamer's quest to play and review every American-released NES game.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

NintendoLegend wrote:
geozeldadude wrote:
NintendoLegend wrote:Oh, hey, I totally have a gaming blog...
Nintendo Legend -- one crazy retro gamer's quest to play and review every North American-released NES video game.

nice. subscribed, even though i disagree with a lot of your ratings! ;) on your index page w/ all the titles it would be nice if you could put your rating next to the title.

Thank you for the feedback -- I always appreciate some honesty. :wink: Feel free to debate the ratings with me on my forum (in the sig), or via Twitter, etc. Discussions like that are what keep me going!

Also, eventually the index is going to be redesigned to have four columns per title -- the game title, link to the summary page, link to the full review, and the rating score. :) My life is about to get real busy (getting married in <2 weeks) so I can't guarantee when it will happen... but you're absolutely right, it will be nice!

Did you get the idea from this guy?

http://superfamicomgames.blogspot.com/
NintendoLegend
32-bit

Post by NintendoLegend »

Balasubbie wrote:Did you get the idea from this guy?

Uh, no... first of all, nothing against that blog, but it looks like I've been doing it about nine months longer than that guy, and have written more than 120 more than reviews than him. I certainly did not go at this goal with the intention of copying a pre-existing site. :) A more apt comparison would be Juggle Chainsaws, who is reviewing every NES game in order of release date; or Questicle, who is reviewing them in alphabetical order. I am reviewing them in whatever order I darn well please. :wink:

NintendoLegend.com -- One retro gamer's quest to play and review every American-released NES game.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

NintendoLegend wrote:

Uh, no... first of all, nothing against that blog, but it looks like I've been doing it about nine months longer than that guy, and have written more than 120 more than reviews than him. I certainly did not go at this goal with the intention of copying a pre-existing site. :) A more apt comparison would be Juggle Chainsaws, who is reviewing every NES game in order of release date; or Questicle, who is reviewing them in alphabetical order. I am reviewing them in whatever order I darn well please. :wink:

Juggle Chainsaw's writing leaves a lot to be desired. Keep up the good work.
geozeldadude
32-bit

Post by geozeldadude »

i wouldn't have thought anyone would have needed to "get the idea" from anyone. as the OP pointed out, it's not that novel a concept.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

I was just curious, sorry. No need to get sand in your figurative vagina.
NintendoLegend
32-bit

Post by NintendoLegend »

Balasubbie wrote:I was just curious, sorry. No need to get sand in your figurative vagina.

*shrug* I wasn't sure how to write it without you believing I was merely being defensive; but, I assure you, no hard feelings -- it is a crazy enough idea to warrant such similar conclusions. :mrgreen:

Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

Indeed, good work so far, and good luck here on in. I'll be following, if it's worth anything.
NintendoLegend
32-bit

Post by NintendoLegend »

Balasubbie wrote:Indeed, good work so far, and good luck here on in. I'll be following, if it's worth anything.

It is actually, so thank you. :mrgreen:

Now I shall kindly exit this thread before I get banned for spamming every other post...

yudantaiteki

Post by yudantaiteki »

NintendoLegend wrote:

Hi, I'm the one doing the Super Famicom one linked above. :)

As you said, I haven't been doing it for very long (and I'm on hiatus right now while I move to Japan, but I'll start posting again within two weeks), but mine is pretty different from yours since I'm not doing reviews, just initial impressions, and I'm skipping sports games and some other genres. But I'm glad to see that there are other people out there doing blogs like this and I'll definitely start reading yours. I played a lot of NES games back in the day but there were plenty more I didn't play. I'm also looking for other examples of this so I can improve my own write-ups.

(The inspiration for starting my blog was a series of videos on Nicovideo where someone posted about 30 seconds of gameplay of every Super Famicom game in release order. It's certainly not the most original idea for a blog in the world, and I think it takes a certain kind of crazy to even attempt this. :)