The Official Racketboy Community Blog Topic

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: The Official Racketboy Community Blog Topic

Post by Erik_Twice »

geozeldadude wrote:nice blog. on your english reviews page is the link to the info on your scoring system working?

Haha, no, not yet! I should remove the "Click here" until I really write it and put the link there. :lol:

I already feel like I'm trolling my readers too much with my other pages :oops:

you may find that one particular post you spend little time on gets a large number of hits for either a dumb or unfathomable reason, while other posts you spend a lot of time on will be completely ignored.

This. For some reason over 70% of the people who read my Spanish version of the blog only check the OutRun article while ignoring Doom, the most read English article.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I have no idea about hits honestly.

Yeah, me neither. I assume that it gets more hits when it makes the front page of RFGen as "promoted" - but I don't know if any of the folks in the OP are into the blogging business to get hits...

I'd like think that peoplemlike to read my blog posts, but in all honesty I write them for the Racketboy community to see more than anyone else.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

jfe2 wrote:now if any of the folks in the OP are into the blogging business to get hits...

I'd like think that peoplemlike to read my blog posts, but in all honesty I write them for the Racketboy community to see more than anyone else.[/quote]

dude, you KNOW I read yr blog!
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Wombatula wrote: Considering ConsoleTimeMachine.com but since I'll be playing current games as well it doesn't quite fit I think. Maybe consolenoob.com.

What about "Time Console"? Seems more catchy and you can photoshop a time-traveling NES.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

J T wrote:To those of you with your own blogs, how many hits is it realistic to expect to get? I have considered starting a blog to write occassional essays on my musings about video games and to chronicle my recommendations for freeware, but it's not worth it to me to invest the time in blogging if I don't get hits. I would rather just make threads here instead. I like to use the 'games as culture' for a lot of that, since threads don't instantly fall to the bottom of the page in that forum. However, I think I would strive for higher quality on a blog that I owned where I just go kind of casual on a messageboard.

The longer your blog is going (and continually updated) will depend on how many hits you get. Don't expect to be getting hundreds of hits on your first blog post, you need to build it up. For example mines being going for nearly 3 months and it got 402 hits last month which is my largest yet. I'm pretty happy about this as I only do a few posts a week, if that. Also adding the URL to Google is a must, all my views either come from Google or here.
As for what you use for blogging is up to you, depends what your needs are. Personally I use Blogger because of the amount of freedom it gives me, I believe Wordpress is relatively the same. Places like Tumblr are more restrictive, but a lot easier to use.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

Wow, the first bit feedback I've ever gotten for a blog of mine and it's a spambot.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

attn: all Racketboy bloggers -- please check the "help wanted" link in my signature.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

MaryScotts wrote:Im not a spambot :P Just creating a backlink to my own articles. Can't a guy give feedback?

...............Really? Are you sure you're not just a really advanced spambot? I'm terribly sorry, I mistook your links for advertisements. Thank you very much for the kind words.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

Any chance I could get my blog added to the OP?