Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21161
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Ack Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 am

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:All I can say is - Just wait until you see the end.
One of the better and more WTF moments not just in Castlevania history, but in videogame history.. I can't wait to hear about your reaction!!


Eh, I disagree on the ending. I saw the plot twist coming, and it made me groan. I'll be interested in how Gamerforlife feels about it when he gets there.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Gamerforlife Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Ack wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:All I can say is - Just wait until you see the end.
One of the better and more WTF moments not just in Castlevania history, but in videogame history.. I can't wait to hear about your reaction!!


Eh, I disagree on the ending. I saw the plot twist coming, and it made me groan. I'll be interested in how Gamerforlife feels about it when he gets there.


Hmmm, interesting. Well, we'll see. I don't typically expect great storytelling from Castlevania games, but I am digging Gabriel as a character. I just find him more relatable than your usual video game hero in these sorts of games

You know Lords of Shadow is sort of like the Scott Pilgrim of games. Final Fantasy style summons, fairy containers like Zelda, God of War style combat, a really bad Portal reference, Ninja Gaiden-ish orb absorbing system, some Tomb Raider style grappling hook platforming, Shadow of the Colossus style bosses. At this point, I'm thinking, "what game are they going to reference(coughrip-offcough)next. It's all handled well though. The game is starting to feel like some kind of tribute album to gaming :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 am
Location: Southern New Jersey

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Rurouni_Fencer Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:The game is starting to feel like some kind of tribute album to gaming :lol:


I thought this exactly, too, when I was playing it..!! :lol:

Semi-spoiler - the final boss fight will remind you of a certain shmup.. That's right - it's also paying homage to a shmup! Let us know when you beat it and if you get the reference!
Image
Image
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Gamerforlife Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Just finished the chapter III boss battle

Wow...that was a shitty boss fight

My opinion of the game has been drastically lowered. That felt like one of those garbage Ninja Gaiden II boss battles
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Gamerforlife Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm

And can someone explain what I'm suppossed to do in the next level against this stupid ogre thing that keeps grabbing me over and over again

Game's starting to piss me off now

EDIT:Okay, the game starts getting fun again at Wygol Village. Kicking vampire and ghoul ass with Patrick Stewart is pretty awesome!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Gamerforlife Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:27 am

Finished it with a buddy. Long gaming session

Good game overall, but not great. Course I'm pretty hard to please, so take that for what it's worth. It had its fun moments, but after a while we felt like we were forcing our way through it. The game is too long and overstays its welcome. This is partly because it's just so damn derivative. Lords of Shadow makes me feel like Castlevania is no longer relevant, as there is nothing about the game that actually IS Castlevania. It's just bits and pieces of every popular game you've played over the past couple years with the Castlevania name slapped on it

It's a good game, but only because it shamelessly steals from other, better games.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 am
Location: Southern New Jersey

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

by Rurouni_Fencer Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:Finished it with a buddy. Long gaming session

Good game overall, but not great. Course I'm pretty hard to please, so take that for what it's worth. It had its fun moments, but after a while we felt like we were forcing our way through it. The game is too long and overstays its welcome. This is partly because it's just so damn derivative. Lords of Shadow makes me feel like Castlevania is no longer relevant, as there is nothing about the game that actually IS Castlevania. It's just bits and pieces of every popular game you've played over the past couple years with the Castlevania name slapped on it

It's a good game, but only because it shamelessly steals from other, better games.


They're going to be releasing DLC early next year (mandatory eyeroll for cash-gouging DLC trend - :roll: ) which supposedly picks up the story after the events of the ending.. Hopefully it brings some closure as to what actually happens (happened) to Gabriel at the end of the original story.
[url]
http://kotaku.com/5716012/castlavania-l ... ose-of-dlc[/url]
Image
Image
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests