Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Which version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will you get?

Post by dsheinem »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:With all the attention and positive reviews this game has been getting in the past few months, I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a new 'Vania release!

Positive reviews? Isn't this the game that no one has even seen gameplay footage of yet? I thought so far all we have are very un-Castlevania-esque CGI trailers.

At this point, I won't be picking up any version.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:But seriously, I've actually reserved the XBox version simply because I am an achievement whore... Any possible graphic difference in either version seem negligible, so I'm going to go for my primary console.

no love for trophies? :(
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

The vast majority of Castlevania titles have not been on PlayStation -- I don't know what all of you are smoking, lol. (Share?) If anything, it's the GBA and NDS that have kept the series alive and flourishing!

The Castlevania nut in me must have the game, but so far after everything I've seen I find it hard to be interested. I think I'll wait out some reviews and impressions before running out and picking it up. If I do, it'll be on the 360 because I don't own a PS3.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Jerkface Killah wrote:I I think it's just because of the legacy of Castlevania games being on Sony consoles.

...with one exception, it's the legacy of the crappy Castlevania games being on Sony consoles. Also you're forgetting every single castlevania game made before Symphony of the Night...and almost every single castlevania game made after Symphony of the Night.

I envy the confidence you guys have. Maybe I just remember Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness a little too clearly.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I saw a trailer for this once. Looked nothing like a Castlevania game. Will wait for final product to pass judgment, but I expect it to be crap (3D castlevania is like 3D Sonic)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

Flake wrote:
Jerkface Killah wrote:I I think it's just because of the legacy of Castlevania games being on Sony consoles.

...with one exception, it's the legacy of the crappy Castlevania games being on Sony consoles. Also you're forgetting every single castlevania game made before Symphony of the Night...and almost every single castlevania game made after Symphony of the Night.

I envy the confidence you guys have. Maybe I just remember Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness a little too clearly.

I actually liked Lament of Innocence....
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
Flake

Post by Flake »

Veno wrote:I actually liked Lament of Innocence....

We all make mistakes. It's called being young.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

Flake wrote:
Veno wrote:I actually liked Lament of Innocence....

We all make mistakes. It's called being young.

Awww....you really didn't like it? It wasn't great, but it was good. Maybe my memories deceive me...
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking. I was picturing the 3D Castlevania games on Sony's Console. Not that they were any good. I still own them regardless. For anyone who hasn't read this interview, you should. It is an interesting look into the development of this game.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/23/david ... eneration/
JFK
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Also, if you have a Castlevania Collection, post a pic. I'll start in the morning, after my fiancé goes to work. I can't be caught with my nerd showing, after all.
JFK