Page 7 of 7

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:35 pm
by Erik_Twice
(-_-) wrote:What three games did you list off as your favourite

Beatmania IIDX, OpenTTD and Team Fortress 2

I could only think of racing games and an odd few action games that would fit the "rushing at high speeds". I never even thought about rythm games. I think the only game I feel the same kind of a rush from that isn't ddr, djmax, or any other myths game is burnout.

Once you get to high difficulties in most rhytmn games I have played the "rushing at high speeds" feeling appear, mainly because your fingers/hands/legs start moving really fast.

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:58 pm
by Gamerforlife
General_Norris wrote:
(-_-) wrote:What three games did you list off as your favourite

Beatmania IIDX, OpenTTD and Team Fortress 2

I could only think of racing games and an odd few action games that would fit the "rushing at high speeds". I never even thought about rythm games. I think the only game I feel the same kind of a rush from that isn't ddr, djmax, or any other myths game is burnout.

Once you get to high difficulties in most rhytmn games I have played the "rushing at high speeds" feeling appear, mainly because your fingers/hands/legs start moving really fast.


I think this only applies to periphal device rythm games like DDR or Guitar Hero. I've never had that experience with regular rythm games like Space Channel 5, Parappa, Bust a Groove, etc. It does apply to Guitaroo Man though. That game was tough

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:50 pm
by xan_racketBOY_fan
Your BrainHex Class is Survivor.

Your BrainHex Class Your BrainHex Sub-Class is Survivor-Seeker.

You like pulse-pounding risks and escaping from hideous and scary threats as well as finding strange and wonderful things or finding familiar things.

According to your results, there are few play experiences that you strongly dislike.

Learn more about your classes and exceptions at BrainHex.com.

Your scores for each of the classes in this test were as follows:

Survivor: 20
Seeker: 16
Daredevil: 15
Conqueror: 14
Mastermind: 9
Socialiser: 8
Achiever: 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting survey.

(-_-) wrote:What three games did you list off as your favourite


Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Super Mario Bros. & Ikaruga

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:51 pm
by Ack
Isn't it though?

Xan, you've got the same profile that JoeyG and I do.

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 pm
by xan_racketBOY_fan
Ack wrote:Isn't it though?

Xan, you've got the same profile that JoeyG and I do.

Sweet, if only I can bring myself to play Fatal Frame on the Wii now. I've gotta do, it's October for crying out loud :lol:

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:58 pm
by Ack
Hey man, best time of the year to scare that crap out of one's self!

Re: What type of gamer are you?

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:46 pm
by Erik_Twice
Gamerforlife wrote:I think this only applies to periphal device rythm games like DDR or Guitar Hero. I've never had that experience with regular rythm games like Space Channel 5, Parappa, Bust a Groove, etc. It does apply to Guitaroo Man though. That game was tough

I think that the controller is not neccesary for that experience, it's just that all musical games that reach the difficulty threshold required use a special controller. If you play Stepmania on your keboard you will feel the same thing.

That is also why it applies to Guitaroo Man, it's harder than the other games. It also explains why I don't like GH, it's pretty easy compared to other rythm games so that experience doesn't appear and the loose timing prevents it from appearing in the hardest songs.

The latter means that while I may experience "speed" I don't experience the control that forms the other half of my gamer type, making the game less fun for me.