collection consolidation

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: collection consolidation

Post by noiseredux »

BlackDS wrote:
noiseredux wrote:but seriously aaron... do you have any GB games for me?

You are so sly and cold when It comes to getting gameboy games.

by sly and cold I assume you mean handsome and awesome?
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

noiseredux wrote:
BlackDS wrote:
noiseredux wrote:but seriously aaron... do you have any GB games for me?

You are so sly and cold when It comes to getting gameboy games.

by sly and cold I assume you mean handsome and awesome?

By handsome and awesome I assume you mean frigid and slifer no swiping??

On-Thread: I forgot Backloggery registrations are down. Gee I hope he can get the new site up by the end of the year.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

ChuChu Flamingo wrote:Just start a backloggery and see which games you want to play. Hopefully they allow for registrations later. On my backloggery, I have seven more games for me to play and then all my games are beat :D.

I never really understood how one can acquire a ton of games and not beat them. One friend of mine has Disgaea 1, 2, and 3 but hasn't beat even one.

On the bright side, its better to have games to play and look forward to then not having any at all.

I would say I haven't beat 90% of the games I have. I've 100%ed even fewer. Some are too hard. Some I haven't invested the time into. And others just suck. And with 90% not even beaten, trying to get 100% in any one seems like a waste.
puke_face

Post by puke_face »

CRTGAMER wrote:Put a console in a storage box? How sad. Just because all consoles are hooked up, doesn't mean you have to play each one equally. So what if one just sits there for a while untouched, when you're plugging away on another. Case in point started playing a couple older Dreamcast games after spending last few months on the PS2. May not have happened if the DC was in the closet. Even ended up writing a couple of reviews of Wild Metal and Toy Commander. Believe me that console in the storage box will eventually become a sale later. The sale that will also be a regret later.

Nothing sad about it. I don't have all the equipment it takes to have all of my systems hooked up at the same time. I eliminate quite a bit of space issues with storing them. I play most of the systems within a 2-3 month time span, depending on the game(s) that I'm trying to beat. I haven't sold any of my systems either, so no regrets. That's my motto, that and everybody wang-chung tonight.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

I recently sold off quite a bit of my collection. I had some systems and games I had, just to have. They hadn't gotten played in years and I figured why keep them around. Games are meant to played, not sit on a shelf or in a storage bin. Sold quite a few of them on here to good homes, so that made me feel better about it and it helped finance finishing my basment/game room. I'm going for a quality over quantity approach. No regrets here.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

good to hear, king! i'm kinda going for the same thing, except i want to finish a complete system collection just for the sake of having it. i've always wanted to do that and feel like i should try and see how it goes at least. right now i'm just concentrating on my saturn games and gamecube games, with occasional Xbox 360, GB and SNES purchases.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller