Just got SF4 and I stink!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
NathanBarnatt
Next-Gen

Just got SF4 and I stink!

Post by NathanBarnatt »

I dont know what it is but I cant get past the 2nd guy. I just beat SF2 yesterday. And I consider myself pretty good at SNK 2D fighters but I am hurting at SF4!! Must practice.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Re: Just got SF4 and I stink!

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

SNK fighters and Street Fighter (or any Capcom brawler for that matter,) are totally different animals. Even though I love both companies, Street Fighter always feels more technical of a fighter, personally..

Just played Super Street Fighter IV, myself, followed by King of Fighters '99..
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

SNK king of fighters are bit harder than street fighter. I hate the hard bosses in snk's KoF games, very difficult for me to win. super Street fighter 4 is pretty medium to easy to beat. maybe try changing Difficulty modes in the game. There is only one street fighter 2 Arcade game that is very very difficult to win the cpu.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

If you play the games Challenges for each character and practice your focus canceling (Go into a focus attack then dash out of it) to start with you will be tearing it up before you know it.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I remember getting this thinking I was alright. Then I went online and lost every single match I got into.

Haven't played it much since.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

You guys and Keith your solution to win at online game matches are to setup with a player with the same skills as you so your chances of winning are somewhat strong.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I never got good as SF4. It just didn't flow right to me and felt slow as all unholy hell, plus all my favorite characters were bottom tier and that didn't help things.

I'd tell you to just skip SF4 and go for Super SF4. It has a much better flow to it and is sped up quite a bit. SF4 was, for me, the biggest disappointment of this generation.

If you wanna get 'good' at SF4, here's the key.
1) Pick Zangief
2) Lariat Spam
3) You Win!
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

or:

1. Pick Ryu
2. Do a lot of Hadoken
3. You Win!

:P
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Flake

Post by Flake »

AppleQueso wrote:I remember getting this thinking I was alright. Then I went online and lost every single match I got into.

Haven't played it much since.

This. Thanks for crapping all over my childhood by taking Street Fighter online, Capcom.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

If anyone thinks they suck at fighting games, all they have to do is go up against me. I think I'll start a new Xbox live account under the name "confidence booster".