11%
A sequel is a perfect solutio
7%

Total votes: 45

Jrecee
Next-Gen

Re: Do you believe in game remakes?

Post by Jrecee »

First I would say a game remake is different than a movie remake. Reboot is one thing, remake is another. I'm not a huge fan of George Lucas or Steven Spielberg screwing with their old movies.

I like Super Mario All-stars. I wouldn't mind seeing an HD handdrawn version of old sonic games. I might buy it but I'm not begging for it.

I'm not sure if a videogame remake just means redone graphics or what. I think it would be awesome if nintendo remade the first mario game in 3D in the mario 64 bowser level style. I guess that would be a remake.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Gamerforlife wrote:Maverick Hunter X was an EXCELLENT remake that got good reviews and I enjoyed playing it.......

You make a great argument for the game and I always appreciate it when others get excited about Megaman. Ironically, everything you liked about the game was what I didn't like. The 2.5D graphics made the platforming sloppy. The remixed levels didn't flow as well as the originals. I hated the anime extras because it ruined continuity.

I will concede, despite my general dislike of remakes, that I did love the shit out of some Megaman: Powered up.

Gamerforlife wrote:After owning a PSP for awhile, I have to say that I am open to remakes because Final Fantasy Tactics:War of the Lions, Dracula X:Chronicles and Maverick Hunter X were all excellent. The PSP has some EXCELLENT remakes on it of old school classics. One of the system's strengths if you're a retro gamer

I will agree with this. The PSP is like a haven for franchises that are still in demand but don't wouldn't be as viable on home console this generation. And typically the developers are pretty good about including faithful versions of the games they are remaking. That way you get to play 2.5D Rondo of Blood while I play the TG-16 original. We both support our favorite franchises.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

jinn wrote:Did anyone enjoy Twin Snakes on the GC

Hell yeah. :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

To some it up, the Castlevania Chronicles games are a couple of reasons why remakes can be a good thing. I mean, what non-emulation/series geek would even know those games existed, let alone the consoles/computers they were on?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Flake wrote: The remixed levels didn't flow as well as the originals. I hated the anime extras because it ruined continuity.

:lol: :lol: That's rich. :lol: :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

If handled right, I'm a BIIGGGG supporter of remakes. Some of my favorites:

Final Fantasy 1 > Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary (PSP)
Metroid > Metroid Zero Mission
Lunar The Silver Star > Lunar Silver Star Story Complete or Silver Star Harmony
Megaman 1 > Megaman Powered Up
Megaman X > Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Castlevania Rondo of Blood > Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Monster Attack > Earth Defense Force 2017
Klonoa > Klonoa Wii
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

I'd like to have the old Super Mario games remade to look and play like the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game with multiplayer. that would be fun.
the Punch Out remake was pretty cool, and I'm currently playing A Boy and his Blob which I think they did a good job with. The original NES game was one of the few games I owned as a kid so I remember it quite well, and when the 2nd world of the Wii game kicks in with the revamped original music and the cityscape in the background, oh boy. i was loving it.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

I forgot to mention a few things.

Remakes also allow the current generation of gamers to play great games they may miss out on.

There's no reason to hate remakes. If the game's better, it's better. If you don't like them just because of the developers working on it instead of something else, remember that they don't take that long to produce, and they can work on other things at the same time.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

D.D.D. wrote:
jinn wrote:Did anyone enjoy Twin Snakes on the GC

Hell yeah. :D

I thought this was a port of the original Metal Gear with enhanced graphics?
I am playing this soon
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

This is the remake I want to see more, right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXycBv3Rlk
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.