11%
A sequel is a perfect solutio
7%

Total votes: 45

RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Do you believe in game remakes?

Post by RCBH928 »

any one ever felt that the original xbox controller is a huge rip off of the Dreamcast controller?

Notice where the first analogue stick is, and the HUGE xbox logo in the middle is where the VMU would be displayed, and I believe on top there is a place to put memory cards I think?

The handles look like the Dreamcast's and the
Start button is in the same place ,
the buttons are the same colors "Red , Blue, Green, Yellow" ,
The D-Pad is int he same place

Even the triggers on the back are the same as the Dreamcast's. I think the Dreamcast was the first to come with the triggers, I know N64's Z button, but thats a button not a trigger

(I hope this is not like my comment when I said Uncharted was like a male's Tomb Raider 3 years after its release *palm to the face*)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

kingmohd84 wrote:any one ever felt that the original xbox controller is a huge rip off of the Dreamcast controller?

Yes.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

Recently I have had second thoughts to the ideas of remakes and sequels. Yahtzee often speaks of his dislikes of remakes in his videos and I can see why because somethings are just best left as they are. The worst example of a remake is a one that is made in a way that it stops said series from being able to move forward because it is too stuck in the past.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I really rather play the original
but coming to think of it

its much more convenient to play a port or a remake on a current system than an old one.

Which is easier? Buying a Snes game off Wii Shop or hunt for the SNES hardware, order it , then hunt for the game's cart , order it, then make space for the console in your living room with all the wires and just hope the hardware won't malfunction?

Think of stuff that needs DOS, or that will make you have double OS on your PC.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

kingmohd84 wrote:I really rather play the original
but coming to think of it

its much more convenient to play a port or a remake on a current system than an old one.

Which is easier? Buying a Snes game off Wii Shop or hunt for the SNES hardware, order it , then hunt for the game's cart , order it, then make space for the console in your living room with all the wires and just hope the hardware won't malfunction?

Think of stuff that needs DOS, or that will make you have double OS on your PC.

There is a difference between a remake and re-release.
TrevHead

Post by TrevHead »

Although remakes can be hard to get right they are a good thing in many cases in my book.

Especially remakes of Japanese games that didnt get a western release 1st time out.

Id say the snes remakes of the nes mario games is the 1st remake of its kind and it introduced the lost levels to the west.