Why The Warriors doesn't get any love?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Why The Warriors doesn't get any love?

Post by RCBH928 »

This is one of the most memorable and fun game I ever played
I didn't watch the movie before i played this, and even though the movie is quite unique, its not that interesting, but the game is very well done.

It has varied missions, you play as different characters, and all the settings even the mood is done very well.
I understand this game didn't sell well and just didn't have the marketing behind it?

I think if they would make a port to the mac and make it a steam download, more people will enjoy it and the developer will score more money for a well deserved game.

I am not sure if this game can be sold on the ps3 or 360, because I don't think it would fit the psn store/360 live requirements for a downloadable game and it won't work as a full cd retail game(maybe as a 3 in 1? Max payn+Manhunt+The Warriors?).

But would you know why is this game heavily ignored like this?
You don't have to know anything about the movie to like it, as a game its great!
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Why The Warriors doesn't get any love?

Post by emwearz »

Doesn't get any love? It was highly advertised, It was well reviewed on release and made $38million, how much more love does it need?

Its a decent game, but doesnt hold a candle to the movie.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

kingmohd84 wrote:I didn't watch the movie before i played this, and even though the movie is quite unique, its not that interesting

The Warriors is one of the best movies ever made.

No accounting for taste I guess.

This game had commercial that ran regularly. I am sure Rockstar did just fine from it.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

kingmohd84 wrote:This is one of the most memorable and fun game I ever played

In the future, when mentioning games, it would be helpful to others if you listed the platforms. I had no idea if it was a PS1 or NES or some other platform game.

For the record, it is a PS2/xbox game.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I don't know if they ran commercials about it :?

but whenever I look around, no one mentions this game or even remembers it.
People would ask for a sequel of a game released in the mid 80's, or early 90's, but not this game.
Whenever some one says , recommend a ps2 or xbox game for me, no one mentions The Warriors.
I also would like to add, I don't think I saw it in any top or recommended list. Its totally forgotten as it looks like to me.

As for the movie, I am sorry for using the adjective "not interesting" , English is not my first language so sometimes I can't find the right words. But the action and the build up of the story is very slow for me, then again, it was made in an era that some people still didn't have tv's at home I guess.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

kingmohd84 wrote:I don't know if they ran commercials about it :?

but whenever I look around, no one mentions this game or even remembers it.
People would ask for a sequel of a game released in the mid 80's, or early 90's, but not this game.

They ran commercials in the form of poster adverts, etc.

Also you have to remember this is a cult film, the fact they included prequel sections was a big no-no to many fans. There is another Warriors game on Marketplace, but I highly doubt Rockstar will ever make a Warriors 2, as there is no need for it.
synbiosfan
64-bit

Post by synbiosfan »

kingmohd84 wrote:I don't know if they ran commercials about it :?

As for the movie, I am sorry for using the adjective "not interesting" , English is not my first language so sometimes I can't find the right words. But the action and the build up of the story is very slow for me, then again, it was made in an era that some people still didn't have tv's at home I guess.

Great movie and I thought they had commercials for the game in the US.

Most movies made before MTV had a slower pace. MTV's videos really fed attention deficit disorders and movie editing adapted to the change.
Diabetes Sucks!
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

I never heard of the movie before I played the game. Still haven't seen it. All I know is that it's a 3d beat 'em up from Rockstar. That's all you need to know it's awesome.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

kingmohd84 wrote:...English is not my first language so sometimes I can't find the right words....

OH!

This actually explains quite a bit.
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

"Can you dig it?"

Yeah, there was an issue where one of the original actors suing Rockstar for creating a look-a-like character without his permission, similar to Back to the Future 2 & 3 with Crispin Glover.