Something odd about the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AppleQueso

Re: Something odd about the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series

Post by AppleQueso »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:RE4 was a GCN exclusive, then was later ported to PS2. With extra content.

Even when we Cube owners got the good end of the stick, we didn't.

Hey the gamecube version still has the superior graphical effects and whatnot :D

Pulsar_t wrote:Capcom and Konami have suffered greatly with the advent of 7th gen hardware, and consequently failed to deliver new developments in gameplay or storytelling to match the (relatively modest) leap in technical capabilities. Silent Hill has already been outsourced, and it wouldn't hurt for RE to follow the same path, but peronally I'd rather those franchises be replaced by new ones with completely new plots/timelines/characters.

I agree, they should drop both franchises. I'd rather not see their legacy tarnished even further.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: Something odd about the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

AppleQueso wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:Capcom and Konami have suffered greatly with the advent of 7th gen hardware, and consequently failed to deliver new developments in gameplay or storytelling to match the (relatively modest) leap in technical capabilities. Silent Hill has already been outsourced, and it wouldn't hurt for RE to follow the same path, but peronally I'd rather those franchises be replaced by new ones with completely new plots/timelines/characters.

I agree, they should drop both franchises. I'd rather not see their legacy tarnished even further.

We wouldn't want these stellar franchises to turn into a Mario Party! :P
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)