What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dlmvii
Next-Gen

Re: What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Post by dlmvii »

Geez, I miss when I used to be able to just zone out and do this for hours and hours. One night in college a year or so ago, I spent probably 5 or 6 hours on Dragon Warrior VII...I think when I was younger, I played Skies of Arcadia for a bit longer than that one day
Yiddishpilot
16-bit

Post by Yiddishpilot »

Rocket Arena for Quake 3...12 hours straight. I felt like ass for almost a week afterwards.
Metal Militia
128-bit

Post by Metal Militia »

I remember when Metal Gear Solid 4 came out and I just picked it up. It was my only day off from work that week and I played it for 14 hrs straight. Best day off ever!!!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

HellHammer wrote:
Hateshinai wrote:When I got FF7 I was stuck sick at home while all my friends were enjoying the last days of summer. So I stayed at home for a few days playing FF7 for 8 hours at a time, with a high fever, and while totally tripping on cough medicine. It was surreal.

Creepy how similar this is to mine.

FF7 was released and I brought it over to a friends, we took turns playing for roughly 3 days without turning off the system, until his PS1 literally burned up...like smoke and all.

Poor PlayStation.
LOL yeah, I pretty much had a similar situation with the game myself... During summer break, I would play the game 5-8 hours at a time, trying to reveal and unlock everything in the game.. I distinctly remember trying to grind and gear up for the Ruby and Emerald weapons >.<..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

Post by Snickerd00dle »

when Halo 2 was the big thing I spent from 9am to 4am taking the occasional food break and bathroom break
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

im sure playing from 9pm till the sun came up has happened to me with:

Super Smash Bros
Dynamite Cop
Unreal Tournament 2003
Counter-Strike
Marvel Vs Capcom
Jak and Daxter
Gran Turismo 3
Pokemon

so maybe 10 hours is my max playing time, i usually dont play any games for more than 3
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

geeze. some of these times are insane.

i like video games and all, but 2 hours is a stretch for me. longer then that and i feel like a worthless sack of crap.
if you took a shit, please put it back
fedexin
32-bit

Post by fedexin »

I played and beat Desert Strike in about 3 hours when I was a kid. Felt like forever. My Genesis arcade stick with turbo buttons really helped conserve hellfires and rockets, by using the gun a bunch.
Consoles owned currently: Lynx model 1, Lynx model 2, TG-16, Turbo Express w/TV Tuner, PS3, PS2, XBox 360, Neo-Geo AES (UniBios), Neo-Geo AES (U), Virtual Boy, PSP, GBA, DS, DS Lite, N64, Saturn, Wii, Mini Neo-Geo MVS (MAME), Asteroids standup, Defender cocktail, Street Fighter II CE dedicated, Neo-Geo MVS 4-25, CPS2 USA system
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

It's not an answer to the question, but when I got my game room one of the biggest goals I had in mind was to eliminate the passage of time as much as possible. Obviously, no clocks are allowed in there. I also try to make a point of taking my watch off whenever I go in there, possibly setting an alarm and hiding it so I can't look but can leave when I need to. But I also made sure to put up dark curtains to elimate outside light. I love the feeling you get when you're playing a game when it's light/dark then coming out and having it be different.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

slowslow325 wrote:It's not an answer to the question, but when I got my game room one of the biggest goals I had in mind was to eliminate the passage of time as much as possible. Obviously, no clocks are allowed in there. I also try to make a point of taking my watch off whenever I go in there, possibly setting an alarm and hiding it so I can't look but can leave when I need to. But I also made sure to put up dark curtains to elimate outside light. I love the feeling you get when you're playing a game when it's light/dark then coming out and having it be different.

sounds like my gameroom in a nutshell (I'm using the kitchen these days)

except that I never carry a watch... I don't like time.
C-64 will never die
- only the players