What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
kevinski
16-bit

Re: What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Post by kevinski »

I decided to play Shenmue for a little while before going to bed one night. That was at approximately 11:00 p.m. I played until 7:00 a.m. v_v
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
env963
128-bit

Post by env963 »

My god you people, probably 6- 7 hours, for me. LOL jeez i cant believe playing anything longer then that without my head or eyes hurting. And i dont really remember what game I was playing.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

The longest I've ever played in one sitting is probably about five hours on The Sims during Christmas break during undergrad. That's probably it.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Breetai wrote:Either Zelda III (SNES), Final Fantasy III (SNES), Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES), Shining Force (Genesis), Phantasy Star IV (Genesis) or Luner: The Silver Star (Sega CD). I've probably steadily played each of these games for more than 12 hours straight, breaking for toilet and junk food, around the time they came out.

It always feels like you pee constantly during those marathon sessions. Truth be told, it's probably been 2+ hours since your last wizzz at the throne. Stupid bladder!
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Iggins

Post by Iggins »

When I was in high school, I once took a free day to play the original Kingdom Hearths. I played the game for around 12 hours, beating the game and killing the extra bosses.

When I first got my wii I used to play Twilight Princess around 8 hours a day.
KillemallCFH
32-bit

Post by KillemallCFH »

Probably 15ish hours of Final Fantasy Tactics. It was probably about 5 years ago, I really wanted to play through FFT again, but didn't have a way of playing it since my brother had the PS2 with him at college, so the day he came back I played all day, then played it for probably ~10 hours the next day (and beat it).

Also, this past weekend I played ~22 hours of FF6 in 3 days.
I'm known as ZebetiteGlitch or Zeza Von Thantos on other platforms.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I once spent 9 hours playing twilight princess.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ack wrote:Chief, I'd have told you to sign back up for the class, then told you not to show up and given you an A anyway.

That would have been a great deal.

I can't say I've ever really been a good student. If attendance wasn't required, I'd only show up for exams, to turn in homework, and to make presentations in most cases. Some professors hated that I wouldn't show up for class, other professors loved the fact that I could ace their exams without attending class. That said, if a professor was good and I learned something in class, I'd show up for each class.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Man I dont know. I use to play TFC for 10+ hours straight back in college. But I use to play Simcity the same way in highschool.

The longest recently was a Borderlands blitz with a friend the day after it came out. However if I get a group ready to play Descent or Mechwarrior...
HellHammer
64-bit

Post by HellHammer »

Hateshinai wrote:When I got FF7 I was stuck sick at home while all my friends were enjoying the last days of summer. So I stayed at home for a few days playing FF7 for 8 hours at a time, with a high fever, and while totally tripping on cough medicine. It was surreal.

Creepy how similar this is to mine.

FF7 was released and I brought it over to a friends, we took turns playing for roughly 3 days without turning off the system, until his PS1 literally burned up...like smoke and all.

Poor PlayStation.