What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Re: What was the longest time you played a game in one session?

Post by Lord_Santa »

back in... '96-'97 there was a "huge" LAN-Party where I lived

we were about 100 people and there were Warcraft II tournaments

I was trying to go for the world-record, which supposedly was 54 hours

I lasted 51 hours, then I fell asleep on the keyboard

I was awoken 2 hours later by a friend saying "Duke Nuke'm 3D contest starts now! WAKE UP!"

this did however span over multiple game-sessions (as in I win/lose one session and go straight unto the next)

this was without the use of any kinds of drugs (except for Coca-Cola and cigarettes)

keep in mind that I wasn't keeping track of time, some of my friends were; and it may sound unbelievable, but it is far from impossible
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Josh
64-bit

Post by Josh »

When I first rented Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I played through the Subspace Emissary in one sitting, which I believe took somewhere in between 12-20 hours.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

(-_-) wrote:When i first got timesplitters 2, me and my friend played it for 14 straight hours. This is not the longest time I've spent playing games in one sitting, but it's the only one that had a counter. We scrolled through the awards you get and we got one for insomnia or insomniac, with a record of 14.

Haha mate, same story pretty much. I believe for me it was also about 14 hours. We started playing at about 10 in the morning and didn't stop until about midnight. We did have breaks for lunch and dinner, but the game was left on the whole time. By the time I came to sell Timesplitters 2, I think I had ranked up more than 6 days worth of game time :?

Other than that, a few other multiplayer games probably, but I can't quite think. Also in terms of single player games, engrossing games like Shenmue, Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Zelda games etc, I probably played for hours and hours. Oo Knights of the Old Republic too!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
RBT
24-bit

Post by RBT »

I'm hardcore compare to you guys I once spent three whole hours playing Sonic 2 when I was a kid. :lol:
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Lol I wish I was as hardcore as you, but my mum would only let me play a maximum of one hour a day :(

I wasn't allowed to play longer until some time just before I bought a Dreamcast.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Fact: I dropped a chemistry class because it interfered with playing FFX. For a semester when I was in undergrad, I would wake up at 5am every morning and play the game until late afternoon.

Unrelated Fact: In grad school I dropped a Monday night class because it made me miss the first quarter of Monday Night Football. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Professor: "Luke, you were making an A in my class, so why did you drop?"

Me: Honestly?

Professor: "Please"

Me: Monday Night Football.

Professor: ".....In my 20+ years of teaching, that may be the most honest thing a student has ever said to me. And, it's quite understandable"
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Smash Bros Brawl both got roughly 14 hour gaming sessions when they both came out. I got every character except Mewtwo and game & watch on melee on the first day (Mewtwo required 20 hours of vs mode play and game & watch needed all other guys unlocked), and everyone but ROB, Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link on Brawlon the first day (I was trying to unlock everyone without playing Subspace emissary, but ROB took 350 stickers, and the other 3 need you to beat subspace. I didnt actually play subspace til the second day i owned it :p)
Ack

Post by Ack »

Luke wrote:Fact: I dropped a chemistry class because it interfered with playing FFX. For a semester when I was in undergrad, I would wake up at 5am every morning and play the game until late afternoon.

Unrelated Fact: In grad school I dropped a Monday night class because it made me miss the first quarter of Monday Night Football. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Professor: "Luke, you were making an A in my class, so why did you drop?"

Me: Honestly?

Professor: "Please"

Me: Monday Night Football.

Professor: ".....In my 20+ years of teaching, that may be the most honest thing a student has ever said to me. And, it's quite understandable"

Chief, I'd have told you to sign back up for the class, then told you not to show up and given you an A anyway.

When Soul Calibur 2 was released, I picked up the PS2 version of the game Friday around 5 pm. Sunday night at 9 pm I had unlocked everything. I had started playing as soon as I'd gotten home and stopped just long enough to sleep five hours. By the time I finished and went to bed, my thumb was spasming as if it were still pressing buttons on the controller.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

When I got Twilight Princess for GCN on Christmas, I probably played it for around 10 hours. I still haven't beaten it; it was one of my goals of college but I forgot my GameCube's power and A/V cables at home. :/

Recently, after I got back from picking up my college key, a friend and I gamed from 10 PM-12:30 AM on 007 Nightfire (PS2) and Rainbow Six (N64) before doing what we always do and popping in Star Wars Battlefront for the PS2. At one point, I noticed that there was light coming out of the skylight in the kitchen, when we look at the clock and see that it's six in the morning. Around 6:30, my dad comes out from sleeping and is like, "You guys are still awake?" :lol:
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Either Zelda III (SNES), Final Fantasy III (SNES), Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES), Shining Force (Genesis), Phantasy Star IV (Genesis) or Luner: The Silver Star (Sega CD). I've probably steadily played each of these games for more than 12 hours straight, breaking for toilet and junk food, around the time they came out.