Parents said to take the games or they're donating them away

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
weasels
Next-Gen

Re: Parents said to take the games or they're donating them away

Post by weasels »

i feel you were pretty lucky considering that i hear a lot of stories about someone's parents just selling the games or giving them to charity behind there back. as for the containers. i recently got one of those containers at a dollar store. so they aren't really too expensive luckily. knowing my parents, they wouldn't get rid of my stuff but there is always a small chance. since I'm in college right now, i can't bring everything with me, as much as i would love too.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
marballz
8-bit

Post by marballz »

Yea, well I moved out of my parents house and they gave everything away to my cousin living in mexico! they figured it was a bunch of useless systems( sega genesis, super nintendo, and sega saturn. And they did this without my consent. Did I mention they gave away all the games for each system. including guardian heroes my favorite game of all time :cry:
Ivo wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:Why would you leave all your gaming treasures behind at your parents house? Shame on you

Because he trusts his parents to keep them safe? (which they did, as far as I understand).

Now the parents need the space for themselves, which is IMO fair as long as they gave him enough advance notice.

Ivo.
Gaming God.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

marballz wrote:Yea, well I moved out of my parents house and they gave everything away to my cousin living in mexico! they figured it was a bunch of useless systems( sega genesis, super nintendo, and sega saturn. And they did this without my consent. Did I mention they gave away all the games for each system. including guardian heroes my favorite game of all time :cry:

Yeah that sort of BS is wrong though. I hope that after having it explained the parents are big enough to admit it was a mistake and apologize.

It is a bit of disrespect IMO to do something like that to someone's things without even asking. And I mean this even if the stuff was purchased with their cash (directly or indirectly), if it was a gift to the kids when they were minors I think it is right to say it doesn't belong to the parents after the kids are adults. Even if it does belong to the parents (legally or ethically) considering it is normal that some of this stuff has sentimental value for the offspring I still think it shows lack of consideration.
Usually this stuff isn't even done on purpose to spite, it is just that they don't stop and think about it.

That said, there are plenty of examples of offspring being inconsiderate to their parents as well.

Ivo.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

My dad threw out my old game magazines and my Atari ST.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I used to hear local stories of kids having parents who sold off their shit all the time for drug money.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

my mother sold my Atari 2600 with 23 games and I never got a dime

she thought it was worthless and we were moving abroad, so....

*grumbles*
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

I'll take them off your hands
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Lord_Santa wrote:my mother sold my Atari 2600 with 23 games and I never got a dime

she thought it was worthless and we were moving abroad, so....

*grumbles*

She would have got only ~$40 if sold on ebay, but she probably sold it to a store as trade in and got >$20 so......

Anyway, if I move, the first thing I will take would be a carload with all of my games!