Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bomber991

Parents said to take the games or they're donating them away

by bomber991 Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 pm

So I moved out of my parents house a few years ago, but left my collection of SNES, N64, Virtual Boy, and PS2 games / consoles there. My old bedroom had the SNES and Virtual Boy games in it, and the gameroom downstairs had the N64 and PS2 games in it. Anyways, they want to change up the gameroom into some kind of guest bedroom or something, and they want to change up my old bedroom.

Probably about 10 of those SNES games are complete with the box and everything, about 35 of the N64 games are complete, and all of those Virtual Boy games are complete. It seems like if you try and buy any of those games now-a-days if you want one with the box you've gotta pay an extra $10-$20.

I'm not sure of the exact number of games I have for each system, but with the exception of the virtual boy, there's around 50 games per system. I don't have a lot of space at my apartment, so I was wondering what other ways I could store the games besides putting them in a bookshelf. I was thinking of just getting some thick cardboard boxes and just stacking up the games in there, but I'm worried that after a few years there's going to be some silverfish or other unwanted bugs living in there.

So, how do you store your gaming collection?
Pichu
128-bit

Re: Parents said to take the games or they're donating them away

by Pichu Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Try Big Plastic Bins, more durable than cardboard, and just as compact.
bomber991

by bomber991 Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Pichu wrote:Try Big Plastic Bins, more durable than cardboard, and just as compact.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. Maybe use something like those plastic crates that stack, I just have to figure out where to buy them.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm pretty sure even wal-mart has that stuff
Pichu
128-bit

by Pichu Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

bomber991 wrote:
Pichu wrote:Try Big Plastic Bins, more durable than cardboard, and just as compact.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. Maybe use something like those plastic crates that stack, I just have to figure out where to buy them.

Yeah those are available anywhere, just shop around to get the ones that fit your needs.
Flake

by Flake Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:58 pm

If you're willing to pay shipping, I'll hold on to them for awhile. Keep 'em safe for you.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 am

Why would you leave all your gaming treasures behind at your parents house? Shame on you
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 am

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Why would you leave all your gaming treasures behind at your parents house? Shame on you

Because he trusts his parents to keep them safe? (which they did, as far as I understand).

Now the parents need the space for themselves, which is IMO fair as long as they gave him enough advance notice.

Ivo.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:16 am

I know. But it's like child abandonment. You just don't do it

If I move, all my babies are coming with me :D
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 am

Ivo wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:Why would you leave all your gaming treasures behind at your parents house? Shame on you

Because he trusts his parents to keep them safe? (which they did, as far as I understand).

Now the parents need the space for themselves, which is IMO fair as long as they gave him enough advance notice.

Ivo.

Yeah I can completely understand the way his parents are handling the situation. It's more than fair, at least it's not like some parents are over this sort of stuff. Just take it to the nearest charity shop and dump it. At least the guy has some choice in keeping it.

When I moved out to live with my (now ex) fiancee I took the bare essentials and left the majority at home, luckily my mum was completely understanding and most of my stuff is still untouched in the loft. She understands that this stuff has value (which is also the reason why I still have my Lego Technic complete in box in the loft too, I spent one night pricing the entire collection up and it's worth at least £700). So it will stay there until the time is right to hand it down or sell it.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Return to General Gaming