Conker: N64 vs Xbox

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Conker: N64 vs Xbox

Post by D.D.D. »

I've yet to play it but still want to one day. Anyone played both and care to share impressions??
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Ziggy

Re: Conker: N64 vs Xbox

Post by Ziggy »

After I read the following, I decided to go with the 64 version myself...

From Wiki:

A remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day, titled Conker: Live & Reloaded, was released in 2005 for the Xbox console. It includes improvements to graphics and sound and several other changes. The game retains the single player mode of the original but features a much improved multiplayer mode in favor of Xbox Live featuring an entirely new weapons set and gameplay mechanics. Unlike Bad Fur Day, Live & Reloaded was also released in Japan.

The game was originally titled Conker: Live and Uncut and featured a completely uncensored single player experience. At some point during the development of the game, this was changed and the game was released with heavy censorship. Even minor obscenities which were present in the original N64 version were censored. This drew heavy criticism from fans of the original, especially as it detracted from comedic highlights such as the song in the Sloprano chapter. This song was also censored on the soundtrack, but Rare has the uncensored Xbox version of the song on their website.

Like the original, the game was rated M by the ESRB and carried warnings about its content as well as Rare's promotional spoof warnings that advertised the fact that the content of the game was explicitly 'adult'. The audio files on the game disc are censored to begin with and contain the bleeps, indicating that they are not censored by the game engine.
RBT
24-bit

Post by RBT »

I think the Xbox version looks better and I find the controls to be a little tighter.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I haven't played the X-box version myself, but I own the N64 version which is obviously fantastic. I have a couple of friends that bought the X-box version when it came out and they said they were a bit disappointed and that it wasn't as good as the N64 version. I believe the multiplayer is supposed to be better in the remake though from reading Ziggy's post.

How much is the X-box version? Just get both if you can (And the X-box version is cheap) :P
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I have never gotten the Xbox version to work on my Xbox. I've tried it on an official disc, a burnt DVD, and on the hard drive, and none of them work, so I can't say anything about it. I really wanted to play it, too... But the N64 version is great.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

the Xbox version censors more language and in my opinion the art style looks kind of funky. On the other hand it's generally a lot cheaper to get than the n64 version.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:the Xbox version censors more language and in my opinion the art style looks kind of funky. On the other hand it's generally a lot cheaper to get than the n64 version.

I have read this too. Some of the charm downgraded by censoring.

Somehow 2000 N64 Conker looks better to me, you can see his character shine thru.
Attachments
ConkerEvolution.jpg
ConkerEvolution.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Yeah that furry shit is just annoying looking.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

CRTGAMER wrote:I have read this too. Some of the charm downgraded by censoring.

Somehow 2000 N64 Conker looks better to me, you can see his character shine thru.

Where is the 2002-2003 Conker image from?
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Limewater wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I have read this too. Some of the charm downgraded by censoring.

Where is the 2002-2003 Conker image from?

my guess is an xbox/gamecube conker beta.