Conker: N64 vs Xbox

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Conker: N64 vs Xbox

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:
Limewater wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I have read this too. Some of the charm downgraded by censoring.

Somehow 2000 N64 Conker looks better to me, you can see his character shine thru.

Where is the 2002-2003 Conker image from?

my guess is an xbox/gamecube conker beta.

Probably so, snagged off Google images.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

AppleQueso wrote:Yeah that furry shit is just annoying looking.

I agree. Was just thinking the same thing when I saw it. The N64 model looks way better, like CRTGAMER said, it just has so much more character.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

I didn't like the Xbox version nearly as much as the N64 one.
The deal breaker for me was the fact that they took out the Storm the Beach/D-Day Mode in the Xbox version for whatever reason. I think you might be able to do it single player but it isn't a multiplayer mode anymore. I can't remember the specifics about it because I only played the Xbox version a few times and that was years ago. I do remember being very disappointed though.
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

since the N64 version never was released in Europe, I've only tried it through emulation

still, I found it very entertaining, in fact so much that I bought the Xbox version

I can fully understand that people are pissed off about the censorship, but in it's core (as in... you know... gameplay) it's still Conker, albeit with heavily changed graphics

the single-player mode is basically a replica of the N64 version (they did however add more enemies and a baseball-bat which you can use to beat them up with)

but apart from that, it's basically the same game

onto the multi-player however; this part of the game kicks some serious ass

you can play it either solo, or co-op, or against

it has capture the flag and some other minor varieties of DM
but the controls, the characters, the weapons and the graphics, make this a must-have multiplayer game for the Xbox

it does (IIRC) play on the 360 version as well and you can play up to 4 players on one console

it's a 3rd person shooter, with heavy emphasis on gore

I've played the solo-version through and through and I am yet to grow tired of it

in Sweden, the game is available for about €5 and I don't think it's that much more expensive in other countries

I know that the N64 version will cost you an arm and a leg, so I'd say go with whatever fits your wallet
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Lord_Santa wrote:since the N64 version never was released in Europe, I've only tried it through emulation

Huh? Yes it was... Where are you from?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw you're from Sweden.

Still, it was released in the UK, so don't see why it shouldn't be released in the rest of Europe. Maybe because Rare are a UK company, but still I can't imagine them not releasing it in the rest of Europe.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

Reprise wrote:
Lord_Santa wrote:since the N64 version never was released in Europe, I've only tried it through emulation

Still, it was released in the UK, so don't see why it shouldn't be released in the rest of Europe. Maybe because Rare are a UK company, but still I can't imagine them not releasing it in the rest of Europe.

it's got a European release??

hmmm...

I gotta research this, thank you for letting me know

:edit

never trust game-shop-owners

it was never released in Sweden, but apparently in other European countries

now let's see if I can find a working copy....

:edit 2

yeah... it costs €200 O_o
C-64 will never die
- only the players
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Holy crap that's a ridiculous price!

I'd say the n64 version edges it out, but you would do fine with the xbox version for the price.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I would also vote for the N64 version. Course, I'm a purist, but I'm okay with remakes if they are done right. The Xbox version, while a good game in on its own merits, is a bad remake. I would only recommend it to someone who has already played the N64 version or can't play the N64 version. Like I said, I don't think the Xbox version sucks as a game, just sucks as a remake.

Thoughy honestly, even with GOOD remakes there is always a certain charm to the original games, which is why I try to always play originals first.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Lord_Santa wrote:
Reprise wrote:

it's got a European release??

hmmm...

I gotta research this, thank you for letting me know

:edit

never trust game-shop-owners

it was never released in Sweden, but apparently in other European countries

now let's see if I can find a working copy....

:edit 2

yeah... it costs €200 O_o

No worries. Sucks that it was never released in Sweden though. Good luck finding a copy. Maybe someone on Racketboy will sell you one. Might be cheaper than looking for a copy on Ebay or something.

$200 though? Damn... Had no idea it was that expensive now :?

equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

I've mainly just played the N64 version of the game. I only played the XBox multiplayer once, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the N64's. Seriously. I don't know who's saying the XBox has "much improved multiplayer." The original's multiplayer is some of my favorite EVER. It's been a standby for my friends and I since the day it came out.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link