Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
c0r33
32-bit

Re: Good Vampire Games?

by c0r33 Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Darkstalkers/Vampire saviour

Its not all vampires but it has them and some other crazy characters.
Check out my sale/trade thread Click here
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 am

Droid party wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Image

Oh lord I hope that was a photoshop and not a real product.

a little late, but...

From my own personal collection, (girlfriend's teen sister's contribution.) Both the GF and her sister are hardcore Twilight fans and even they hate that game...
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Ack

by Ack Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:30 pm

But there's an exclusive offer inside!

Anyway, what about Nosferatu for the Super Nintendo?

And if you like point-and-clicks, there's the Dracula: Resurrection series on PC.

Oh, and what about Night Trap?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 pm

There's also the Transylvania series of old adventure games. I remember playing the first one for about fifteen minutes as a child. I thought it was amazingly cool at that time, since I think it was the first graphic adventure game I had ever played.
Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Ack wrote:But there's an exclusive offer inside!

Anyway, what about Nosferatu for the Super Nintendo?

And if you like point-and-clicks, there's the Dracula: Resurrection series on PC.

Oh, and what about Night Trap?

Oh god, not Dracula Resurrection. I tried to play that turd once. I wanted to kill myself within 20 minutes. It's awful.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm

I think it would be easier to list bad vampire games, as there are more of them.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:01 am

Naturally, I know about Castlevania I-IV and Symphony of the Night, but I haven't played any of the PS2 ones. Anyone recommend any of those?

So far I played through some Blood Rayne. It's pretty fun, but from what I can tell, it's more about breast physics than vampires (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I tried Vampire: The Masquerade- Redemption for just a bit, which looks ok so far. Will need to play more.

I also downloaded the demo for Dracula: Origins. Will try later.

Twilight: Scene It...... Noes. (The plural of "no" because one "no" is not enough).
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:10 am

I've played Castlevania:Lament of Innocence. It was alright. What I really enjoyed about it was the story. It basically tells you how the Castlevania story began and how the Belmonts became hunters of Dracula

It's not a bad game, if you can find it cheap somewhere
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 am

Lament is recommended alone for it's soundtrack, (Michiru Yamane at her best IMO,) and the atmosphere inside the castle is fantastically gothic as well. If you like Castlevania, you need to see how it all began for the Belmont family.

But if you're going for better gameplay in an action game, Curse of Darkness improves Lament in a bunch of ways. Whips are traded for swords, magic plays a more prominent role, and the familiar assistants give the game more of a dynamic to work with than just "attack bad guys with one weapon, power up said weapon - rinse and repeat." The story also contains better voice acting, and follows up on the story from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, (Developer Igarashi's personal favorite game.) A very nice followup, and, just like Lament, criminally under-appreciated.

With Lords of Shadow just around the corner, (and looking to be 3D Castlevania at it's best and most acclaimed,) checking out Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness is a great move - if nothing else just to see how far the 3D journey has come thus far..
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Ack

by Ack Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:Lament is recommended alone for it's soundtrack, (Michiru Yamane at her best IMO,) and the atmosphere inside the castle is fantastically gothic as well. If you like Castlevania, you need to see how it all began for the Belmont family.

But if you're going for better gameplay in an action game, Curse of Darkness improves Lament in a bunch of ways. Whips are traded for swords, magic plays a more prominent role, and the familiar assistants give the game more of a dynamic to work with than just "attack bad guys with one weapon, power up said weapon - rinse and repeat." The story also contains better voice acting, and follows up on the story from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, (Developer Igarashi's personal favorite game.) A very nice followup, and, just like Lament, criminally under-appreciated.

With Lords of Shadow just around the corner, (and looking to be 3D Castlevania at it's best and most acclaimed,) checking out Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness is a great move - if nothing else just to see how far the 3D journey has come thus far..

Having beaten both Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, I agree that both are excellent titles and well worth checking out. And with the many unlockables that appear in both titles, there's a lot of replay value in both. They're solid 3D Castlevanias, unlike a certain pair of N64 titles that haven't been mentioned yet and hopefully won't be.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to General Gaming