Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gnashvar
128-bit

Re: Best Vampire Games?

by Gnashvar Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 am

J T wrote:I don't have an XBox. Is Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds the sequel? Because that is on both XBox and PS2, but the other Buffy game is not.

Would the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver games be better on a PS2 or PC?

PC for me. I would also play them in order to get more of the story. Legacy of Kain is fun but it looks old while the Soul Reaver and other Kain games are 3D. The games also need some patching.
Thanks everyone...
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Good Vampire Games?

by Gamerforlife Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am

Ack wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:Lament is recommended alone for it's soundtrack, (Michiru Yamane at her best IMO,) and the atmosphere inside the castle is fantastically gothic as well. If you like Castlevania, you need to see how it all began for the Belmont family.

But if you're going for better gameplay in an action game, Curse of Darkness improves Lament in a bunch of ways. Whips are traded for swords, magic plays a more prominent role, and the familiar assistants give the game more of a dynamic to work with than just "attack bad guys with one weapon, power up said weapon - rinse and repeat." The story also contains better voice acting, and follows up on the story from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, (Developer Igarashi's personal favorite game.) A very nice followup, and, just like Lament, criminally under-appreciated.

With Lords of Shadow just around the corner, (and looking to be 3D Castlevania at it's best and most acclaimed,) checking out Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness is a great move - if nothing else just to see how far the 3D journey has come thus far..

Having beaten both Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, I agree that both are excellent titles and well worth checking out. And with the many unlockables that appear in both titles, there's a lot of replay value in both. They're solid 3D Castlevanias, unlike a certain pair of N64 titles that haven't been mentioned yet and hopefully won't be.

Hmmm, the way you guys talk about it I may have to check out Curse of Darkness. I did enjoy Lament of Innocence and would agree that the myth that Castlevania can't work in 3D is not true
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to General Gaming