Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CaptainWeasel
32-bit

DC Interact Alloy Arcade Stick good for shmups?

by CaptainWeasel Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:43 am

I went by my local thrift store today, and they had the Interact Alloy Arcade Stick for 25 bucks. Now, it's not everyday that you see an arcade stick in the wild, and I didn't want to pass it up, but I also didn't want to pick up a junk stick, either. I'd like to use it for the great shmups library that the Dreamcast has. The buttons were clicky, but they felt tactile enough. And I haven't tried out a whole bunch of other home arcade sticks, so I couldn't judge the joystick (or the whole panel) against anything else. What say you?

The mystery:
signature temporarily offline due to fixed width constraints and anger
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Re: DC Interact Alloy Arcade Stick good for shmups?

by Rurouni_Fencer Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:22 am

I'm rocking an alloy stick myself, and I've gotta say - it does a pretty respectable job! Dreamcast has a very awesome library of fighters, so naturally, I wanted a stick for this aweosme console. Boy was I impressed!
Every time I hear the buttons click, I feel like I'm 12 and in my local mall's arcade again.. It may sound a bit sappy, but isn't nostalgia a big part of why we play some of the games we play?
And yeah, shmups on the DC are fine with the Interact stick, if you're looking for that arcade feel.
Some swear by the Agetec stick, but the Interact does a great job as well. Personally, I prefer it's metallic finish over the Agetec's austere plastic any day.
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am

I messed with a ps1 version of that once. It felt awful.
Casey120
24-bit

by Casey120 Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:06 pm

The Agetec is a proven quality stick for the DC , i have two of them .
It's not HRAP quality but close , the square gate balltop stick is very precise , perfect for Shmups and Fighters .
This stick is easy to mod , i put Sanwa buttons in there but kept the original stick because i like the feel of it .
You can find them pretty cheap second hand on ebay .

The Interact is a strange beast , it looks modern and shiny but the stick shaft is much to long and the bat top is more aking to the US Happ controll stick than the Japanese Seimitsu and Sanwa I much prefere , i cant score for shit with it .
Return to General Gaming