Post by Pichu »

:evil: + :lol:

But seriously, this is rage inducing because Nintendo is the king of handhelds,
and the ipod touch is NOT a gaming device. It's more of a hybrid. >_>
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Re: iPod Touch Becomes #1 Portable Gaming Device in the World

Post by Jrecee »

No, the laptop computer is the #1 portable gaming device.

Oh wait, the human hand is the #1 portable gaming device. It plays thumb war.

Just marketing spin. The ipod touch is an mp3 player. Yes it plays games. Yes it plays good games. But it's a multi-functioning device versus a device that only plays games. I could say the holy bible is the best selling doorstop of all time.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

I highly doubt this, but I do most of my gaming on my iPod touch. There are alot of pick up and play titles and are cheaper :?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I only got an iPod Touch because I got it for free when I got my MacBook Pro. I pretty much use it as a flashlight and to play bejewled.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Nah, it's not a gaming device. Yes, it plays games, so it could be called a gaming device, but that's not the main intention. I mean, my cell phone plays games. Heck, my calculator plays games.

The only way I could see this as a legit statement is if Apple took a survey of the main reason people bought the product. They could give options like "Listen to Music", "Browse Internet", "Play games", etc. From there, they should take a percentage and apply it to the number of sales.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Shouldn't in reality be titled "iPod Touch Becomes #1 in which can be used as a Gaming Device in the World."

If I buy an ipod touch as a mp3 player but also download a game or two because I can doesn't make it the best selling portable gaming device. If all those people bought the iPod touch for portable gaming then I would grant that title.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
christoph
Next-Gen

Re: iPod Touch Becomes #1 Portable Gaming Device in the Worl

Post by christoph »

Last edited by christoph on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

I couldn't play that on an ipod.
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Thank you for the comment above. It is a real gaming powerhouse except for me it needs physical controls for lots of games. I've waited for a third party add on for the iPod touch and iPhone for so long and it's never come.

I love my ds, psp and iPhone for their different qualities but I'd find my iPhone available to pick up and play more often.

P.s. All junkware on the iPhone/ iPod should be disqualified to make those numbers more comparable.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |