Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Gamer Doc franchise, any good?

by Ack Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:40 pm

While it's still a solid four hour drive from where I live, the first Gamer Doc store in the state has opened in Huntsville, Alabama. Are they any good as a retailer? There's a smattering of stores across the state, but Gamestop holds this place in the palm of its blood-soaked spiny iron gauntlet, and I look to cast off its yoke of oppression whenever I get the chance.

And for the record, it was important enough to get a news article online:

http://blog.al.com/huntsville-times-business/2010/09/first_gamer_doc_store_in_alaba.html
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Gamer Doc franchise, any good?

by CRTGAMER Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Hope they succeed, competition is always good. :mrgreen:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Yiddishpilot
16-bit

by Yiddishpilot Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 am

Wait they rent and sell used...what a bunch of pirates.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Gamer doc opened up a store near me about a year ago.It seamed like a breath of fresh air at first,untill they tried being like gamestop and failed misreably.Now i go in hoping to find some gems but it turns out it seems like they are losing the battle.In this day its gamestop or jjgames for me personally.I would call ahead to see what they carry first before you travel 4hrs.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
pfeif

by pfeif Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Duno about the store near you but the Gamer Doc in Bear, Delaware is pretty solid. Friendly staff and they have a ton of retro stuff. Nice to see that some people believe in the power of the consumer :) Their biggest problem is their selection because they are a relatively small
franchise and the distributors don't give them the best selection, so in order for them to get more titles they need more stores and more stores means more demand from the people, and more demand from the people comes from having all the titles you want.. kinda catch 22ish
deadpixels
16-bit

by deadpixels Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

pfeif wrote:Duno about the store near you but the Gamer Doc in Bear, Delaware is pretty solid. Friendly staff and they have a ton of retro stuff. Nice to see that some people believe in the power of the consumer :) Their biggest problem is their selection because they are a relatively small
franchise and the distributors don't give them the best selection, so in order for them to get more titles they need more stores and more stores means more demand from the people, and more demand from the people comes from having all the titles you want.. kinda catch 22ish

Good to see another member from the area giving Gamer Doc the credit they Deserve. Steve's store in Bear is very nice. The fact that they are a franchise is great because it allows the franchisee to choose what he or shes wishes to sell, the Bear location in particular is nice because Steve takes in a ton of retro stuff, so any old-school fans in the area looking to find some classics would do themselves well to stop by and take a look at their selection.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:28 am

Thats pretty cool gamer doc in bear del sells vintage games wish more of them did.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Return to General Gaming