Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Re: Wow, apparently I own a Vectrex

by slowslow325 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm calling BS. Pics or it didn't happen.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:33 pm

onemanfilmcrew wrote:And apparently I'm the Moses of Sega. I found 2 Master Systems, 2 Genesis, 2 Sega CD's, and their unholy offspring the JVC X'eye. I think I see a box of Dreamcast systems as well.

How many animals did Moses take on the ark?

Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:34 pm

I was going to the bathroom today and discovered I have a vagina! I just never thought to look behind my balls.
Pichu
128-bit

by Pichu Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Jrecee wrote:I was going to the bathroom today and discovered I have a vagina! I just never thought to look behind my balls.

:shock:

Okay then...

Anyways, Vectrex's are beasts, how disorganized do you have to be to NOT know you have one?
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm

[quote="Pichu"][quote="Jrecee"]I was going to the bathroom today and discovered I have a vagina! I just never thought to look behind my balls.[/quote]

:shock:

Okay then...

Anyways, Vectrex's are beasts, how disorganized do you have to be to NOT know you have one?[/quote]

I had to put my stuff in storage 4 years ago because I moved for a job. Since then I've moved 3 times and this is my fourth. I have boxes that probably haven't been open in years.
ProfessorK
64-bit

by ProfessorK Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 pm

slowslow325 wrote:I'm calling BS. Pics or it didn't happen.

I second this. It sounds far too good to be true.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

by slowslow325 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 pm

I don't know, but this story actually sounds LESS likely to be true than the sealed Stadium Events story.

Because, it's perfectly plausible that someone could by a single game that isn't rare at the time, forget about it, and find it years later. It's a whole different story that someone just happened to decide to buy a bunch of couplets of Sega Systems, 3 boxed Atari's, and a Vectrex, and forget about it. I mean, buying them in the first place is unlikely, but forgetting about them makes it VERY unlikely.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 am

onemanfilmcrew wrote:It's amazing the things you pick up over the years and totally forget about.

This is why you need to use a spreadsheet to keep track of things.

onemanfilmcrew wrote:Now if I can just find that box with the stacks of 20's and the case of sealed Stadium Events carts I'll be set :D

I detect hopeful sarcasm... :roll: Then again if not, seriously, pics or it didn't happen~ :P
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Hatta
Next-Gen

by Hatta Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 am

D.D.D. wrote:
onemanfilmcrew wrote:This is why you need to use a spreadsheet to keep track of things.

That tells you what you have, but not where it is. Knowing you have something, but being unable to find it can be worse than not knowing about it at all.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:47 am

[quote="slowslow325"]I don't know, but this story actually sounds LESS likely to be true than the sealed Stadium Events story.

Because, it's perfectly plausible that someone could by a single game that isn't rare at the time, forget about it, and find it years later. It's a whole different story that someone just happened to decide to buy a bunch of couplets of Sega Systems, 3 boxed Atari's, and a Vectrex, and forget about it. I mean, buying them in the first place is unlikely, but forgetting about them makes it VERY unlikely.[/quote]

I knew I had a bunch of stuff, so finding sega systems and atari's wasn't a surprise given how many I've picked up over the years. The Vectrex on the other hand...

I'll try and get some pictures up after I get home from work.
Return to General Gaming