Star Fox: Competition Version

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Star Fox: Competition Version

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Quote from Wikipedia:

In the United States, the Star Fox: Super Weekend Competition was played by tens of thousands of competitors in malls across the country. Stores such as KB Toys and Suncoast Video (usually any store that carried Super Nintendo games participated) hosted the event. After the competition, a limited number of the Super Weekend cartridges were sold through the Nintendo Power magazine.

Did anyone participate in this Competition? Does anyone have this (possibly) ultra rare cart? If you participated in this competition, I'd like to hear about your experience in it. This is mostly because I never got the chance to participate in it myself. :(
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
AppleQueso

Re: Star Fox: Competition Version

Post by AppleQueso »

I know someone here has it, I saw them post it in that "what is the rarest game you own" thread.

If I ever found it, personally, I'd just sell it off right away. Most of those ultra-rare games like that don't seem to have much practical playability value.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I competed in it. Went to a ToysRus and played it a few times. I don't remember exactly but, I got the highest score for the area or region or something like that so I won one of those Star Fox flight jackets. Never had the balls to wear it in public. :lol:

But no, I didn't get a cart sadly...
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Star Fox Flight Jacket? Forgive me for being such a nerd, but that sounds so awesome. Wish I could've gotten one of those. :)
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

So I don't have it with me but I just googled it and saw one was auctioned for $500... dunno if anyone actually paid that much for it. I certainly wouldn't mind parting with mine but it's a continent away from me at the moment. :(
Attachments
Star Fox Flight Jacket.jpg
Star Fox Flight Jacket.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

D.D.D. wrote:So I don't have it with me but I just googled it and saw one was auctioned for $500... dunno if anyone actually paid that much for it. I certainly wouldn't mind parting with mine but it's a continent away from me at the moment. :(

You'd actually part with it? Well, if you ever actually do that, keep me in mind. I'd love to buy it from you.
Tullaian
8-bit

Post by Tullaian »

Didn't compete in the Starfox one (or even remember it happening for that matter) but I did compete in the Donkey Kong Country one at Blockbuster video. I came in 2nd for that store and got a free rental coupon.
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Tullaian wrote:Didn't compete in the Starfox one (or even remember it happening for that matter) but I did compete in the Donkey Kong Country one at Blockbuster video. I came in 2nd for that store and got a free rental coupon.

There was a Donkey Kong Competition?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

ReddMcKnight wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:So I don't have it with me but I just googled it and saw one was auctioned for $500... dunno if anyone actually paid that much for it. I certainly wouldn't mind parting with mine but it's a continent away from me at the moment. :(

You'd actually part with it? Well, if you ever actually do that, keep me in mind. I'd love to buy it from you.

No prob. I'm not particularly attached to it. I'm heading home probably during Xmas break so I'll see if I can get it then. :wink:
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

D.D.D. wrote:
ReddMcKnight wrote:

No prob. I'm not particularly attached to it. I'm heading home probably during Xmas break so I'll see if I can get it then. :wink:

Cool. I appreciate it. :D