Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AppleQueso
 

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by AppleQueso Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:@AppleQueso
As I stated its a number comparision not saying which system has better fighting games. And everybody's different on what is good and not good, its to subjective. But personally I like the Wii fighting games better just because of KoF compilation and S Shodown compilation., Hey I am a retro gamer what can I say.


well I was joking so eh.

(don't think those two games are very good reasons at all considering I can just play them on my ps2 but eh.)
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by pepharytheworm Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:@AppleQueso
As I stated its a number comparision not saying which system has better fighting games. And everybody's different on what is good and not good, its to subjective. But personally I like the Wii fighting games better just because of KoF compilation and S Shodown compilation., Hey I am a retro gamer what can I say.


well I was joking so eh.

(don't think those two games are very good reasons at all considering I can just play them on my ps2 but eh.)

"progressive scan" that is all.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
User avatar
the7k
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by the7k Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:Hey, if we count that then the VC console can be added to the wii and they blow xbox and ps3 out of the water with shear numbers.


I don't see a whole lot of people wanting to drop money on not just a system, but also an overpriced-as-hell arcade stick (two, if you want to have some competition) so that they can play emulated, offline-only versions of games that they can just as easily download on the interwebs for free, with online support.

To be fair, I don't really count PS1 Classics like KOF'99 and SFA2 when I think about the fighting game selection of XBLA/PSN, I think about games like Dark Awake & Battle Fantasia.
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by pepharytheworm Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:18 am

the7k wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:Hey, if we count that then the VC console can be added to the wii and they blow xbox and ps3 out of the water with shear numbers.


I don't see a whole lot of people wanting to drop money on not just a system, but also an overpriced-as-hell arcade stick (two, if you want to have some competition) so that they can play emulated, offline-only versions of games that they can just as easily download on the interwebs for free, with online support.

To be fair, I don't really count PS1 Classics like KOF'99 and SFA2 when I think about the fighting game selection of XBLA/PSN, I think about games like Dark Awake & Battle Fantasia.

I wasn't counting VC either till someone brought up XBLA and PSN. But again I am only talking about the amount of fighting games, not the quality or whether or not you or anyone would buy them or think they are awful or that they aren't exclusive, that does not change the fact that the Wii has more fighting games.

By the way noiseredux I agree with you that I don't like the 3D look of newer 2D fighters and wish the were just 2D. Some is fine but I hate when everything goes for that same look.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
User avatar
the7k
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by the7k Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:59 am

pepharytheworm wrote:I wasn't counting VC either till someone brought up XBLA and PSN. But again I am only talking about the amount of fighting games, not the quality or whether or not you or anyone would buy them or think they are awful or that they aren't exclusive, that does not change the fact that the Wii has more fighting games.


Well, they have more new fighting games. Personally, that's far more important to me - and, I'd assume, anyone who has been into fighting games for longer than one generation.

Unless you are a casual fighting game fan and are only just now getting into them, then sure, the Wii is a good starting place. You can use the compilations and VC to play all the stuff you missed out on (at least then, it's stuff that's new to you.), plus enjoy TvC. However, if you plan to do more than play with yourself, or you at least also own a PS2, the Wii is of much lesser use for you.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by fastbilly1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:47 am

Over priced as hell fighting stick? Ive bought three Horis at $30 - two brand new. You can buy the good Madcatz one for $50:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Tatsunoko-Cap ... 355&sr=8-2
How is that overpriced? The cheapest decent stick on the PS3 (pre modding) is the SF4 one which is $40.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-Fight ... 399&sr=8-2
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by pepharytheworm Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:47 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Over priced as hell fighting stick? Ive bought three Horis at $30 - two brand new. You can buy the good Madcatz one for $50:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Tatsunoko-Cap ... 355&sr=8-2
How is that overpriced? The cheapest decent stick on the PS3 (pre modding) is the SF4 one which is $40.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-Fight ... 399&sr=8-2

I wanted to say the same thing, I bought my Wii stick for $30 new in box.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
User avatar
Para
128-bit
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Canada

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by Para Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 am

I play Street Fighter HD Remix way more than I play (Super) Street Fighter 4. I wasted about 100 dollars on Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 when I have a lot more fun playing the HD Remix, which only costs 10-15 bucks.

There are a ton of reasons I prefer the older style Street Fighter as opposed to the new mediocre Street Fighter 4 but most of them have been said already so I won't be a dead horse.
User avatar
the7k
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by the7k Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:56 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Over priced as hell fighting stick? Ive bought three Horis at $30 - two brand new. You can buy the good Madcatz one for $50:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Tatsunoko-Cap ... 355&sr=8-2
How is that overpriced? The cheapest decent stick on the PS3 (pre modding) is the SF4 one which is $40.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-Fight ... 399&sr=8-2


Wow. Not bad. Of course, PS3/X360 sticks at least have the advantage of not requiring a Wii Remote.

Not that I was saying any of the PS3 or X360 sticks were not overpriced. They're all overpriced as hell. It's completely friggin' ridiculous.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by fastbilly1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Ill give you that, the Wiimote does boost the price to $100ish. However a wireless stick for the 360/PS3 is that high.

Speaking of which, whats the best stick sub $100 for the 360? I played Scott Pilgrim last night and thats not happening on the original controller.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Note and 2 guests