Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AppleQueso

Re: These new fighting games (is it just me?)

by AppleQueso Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:08 pm

now narrow that list down to wii exclusives
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:06 pm

AppleQueso wrote:now narrow that list down to wii exclusives

8 are exclusive to the Wii only, the rest are on the PS2 also, but none are on the 360 or PS3. Does the PS3 or the Xbox360 even have any exclusive fighting games? The only ones I can think of are Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3 and Dead or Alive 4 for the xbox 360. If you count the compilations also the Wii has more fighting games than the PS3 or the Xbox360, not saying they are better just a numbers comparision.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:32 am

pepharytheworm wrote:
If you count the compilations also the Wii has more fighting games than the PS3 or the Xbox360, not saying they are better just a numbers comparision.
Not if you count the XBLA/PSN fighting games
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 am

pepharytheworm wrote:

8 are exclusive to the Wii only, the rest are on the PS2 also, but none are on the 360 or PS3. Does the PS3 or the Xbox360 even have any exclusive fighting games? The only ones I can think of are Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3 and Dead or Alive 4 for the xbox 360. If you count the compilations also the Wii has more fighting games than the PS3 or the Xbox360, not saying they are better just a numbers comparision.

now narrow that down to games worth playing
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

Lets get off of the Wiibashing. Its not 07, its not funny. Ok it doesnt have any "hardcore" modern fighting games and it doesnt have a big tournament scene. But does it really matter? I got alot of enjoyment out of playing Castlevania Judgement with some of the guys I use to play Powerstone with (since it is pretty much Powerstone in the Castlevania universe). Its not the best game, but it is fun.

So you know, I own six of those fighting games: Bleach, Both Guilty Gears, Godzilla, Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Japan and US), and Castlevania Judgment.

I am in the camp that believes that Guilty Gear and Blazblue are continuing what fighting games were, Capcom is just throwing around their name nowadays.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 am

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:
If you count the compilations also the Wii has more fighting games than the PS3 or the Xbox360, not saying they are better just a numbers comparision.
Not if you count the XBLA/PSN fighting games

Hey, if we count that then the VC console can be added to the wii and they blow xbox and ps3 out of the water with shear numbers.

@AppleQueso
As I stated its a number comparision not saying which system has better fighting games. And everybody's different on what is good and not good, its to subjective. But personally I like the Wii fighting games better just because of KoF compilation and S Shodown compilation., Hey I am a retro gamer what can I say.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 am

THR(derailed)EAD
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:46 am

noiseredux wrote:THR(derailed)EAD

Hey, we are still talking about new fighting games.
Ack

by Ack Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 pm

noiseredux wrote:So I figured I'd be really excited about Street Fighter IV or the Capcom Vs Namco announcement or the new Marvel Vs Capcom game thats' coming out. But frankly, all the screens I've seen... they just look wrong to me. I mean sure the graphics are pretty or whatever. But the camera angles, the lack of sprites... it just doesn't appeal to me. SFIV just doesn't look like a SF game to me. Is it just me?

Come to the 3D fighter Dark Side, noiseredux. Release your anger and come play Virtua Fighter.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:So I figured I'd be really excited about Street Fighter IV or the Capcom Vs Namco announcement or the new Marvel Vs Capcom game thats' coming out. But frankly, all the screens I've seen... they just look wrong to me. I mean sure the graphics are pretty or whatever. But the camera angles, the lack of sprites... it just doesn't appeal to me. SFIV just doesn't look like a SF game to me. Is it just me?

Come to the 3D fighter Dark Side, noiseredux. Release your anger and come play Virtua Fighter.

I like some 3D Fighters. I like Soul Calibur II a lot. Um. I like Bloody Roar. I just think Street Fighter IV and the new Marvel Vs Capcom LOOK ugly.
Return to General Gaming