Import friendly...?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
MrEco
Next-Gen

Import friendly...?

Post by MrEco »

Does Chou Jigen Game: Neptune have the option for english text and subs? The game looks really sweet and I've heard some good things about it so I was wondering if it's import friendly.
Or is it getting a US release and I'm just a dummy that missed the announcement?
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Import friendly...?

Post by the7k »

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/07/ne ... -wars-rpg/

They're currently shopping for a publisher to release it to America. I'd say the chances are good - not great, but I feel pretty sure Nippon Ichi will take the case. There are the difficulties of Sega characters also being in it though, and I highly doubt Sega will be willing to publish it in America.

Of course, the chances of it having an English option are slim to none. You rarely see that done with any games, and I don't think I've ever seen it done with an RPG before. Only if it gets released to Hong Kong will there be that chance, and even then, games like Yakuza 3 were brought to Hong Kong without English options.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

the7k wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/07/neptune-compile-hearts-moe-console-wars-rpg/

They're currently shopping for a publisher to release it to America. I'd say the chances are good - not great, but I feel pretty sure Nippon Ichi will take the case. There are the difficulties of Sega characters also being in it though, and I highly doubt Sega will be willing to publish it in America.

Of course, the chances of it having an English option are slim to none. You rarely see that done with any games, and I don't think I've ever seen it done with an RPG before. Only if it gets released to Hong Kong will there be that chance, and even then, games like Yakuza 3 were brought to Hong Kong without English options.

Just to clarify I'm only looking for if it has English text options. I don't care about the voice-work (Which, honestly, is usually terrible in the average JRPG anyways). Even so the knowledge that they are looking for an American publisher is comforting.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

MrEco wrote:Just to clarify I'm only looking for if it has English text options. I don't care about the voice-work (Which, honestly, is usually terrible in the average JRPG anyways). Even so the knowledge that they are looking for an American publisher is comforting.

Right, I assumed as much. Still, it's not something you are likely to find. That's a LOT of text that would have to be translated, and the Japanese release is only targeting Japanese people. It's very unlikely they would spend many many months (read: payable hours) translating the text from Japanese to English just so that it would be more understandable to those that understand English but not Japanese.

That's why I say it is something that only really happens with Hong Kong releases, because a large minority of people actually use English there.