Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37870
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:All Things Considered often uses the opening to a track from Thurston Moore's TREES OUTSIDE THE ACADEMY... just saying.


Great album!


YES IT IS. Y'know what else is great? Having an advance promo with hand-made alternate cover art.
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22997
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by dsheinem Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:All Things Considered often uses the opening to a track from Thurston Moore's TREES OUTSIDE THE ACADEMY... just saying.


Great album!


YES IT IS. Y'know what else is great? Having an advance promo with hand-made alternate cover art.


:shock: :shock:
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37870
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

dsheinem wrote:
:shock: :shock:


got it thru Ecstatic Piece months before the record came out. :wink:

Although giving him a hug was way cooler than any record.
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22997
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by dsheinem Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
:shock: :shock:


got it thru Ecstatic Piece months before the record came out. :wink:

Although giving him a hug was way cooler than any record.


lol. I imagine a bony squish.

Do you share my opinion that SY's 2002-present output has been their best?
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37870
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:18 pm

dsheinem wrote:
lol. I imagine a bony squish.

Do you share my opinion that SY's 2002-present output has been their best?


it was. I'm only like 5'5".

Um.. well my favorite album (not just by them, but of all time) is EVOL which was 1986. However, my 2nd favorite SY album is easily MURRY STREET (2002) so... yeah. It's just easier to say that I genuinely love every singly SY album deeply. In the list of ongoing obsessions -- SY has been my longest and most serious obsession. Trust me. I'm a lot more intense than you might think. 8)
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22997
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by dsheinem Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:28 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
lol. I imagine a bony squish.

Do you share my opinion that SY's 2002-present output has been their best?


it was. I'm only like 5'5".

Um.. well my favorite album (not just by them, but of all time) is EVOL which was 1986. However, my 2nd favorite SY album is easily MURRY STREET (2002) so... yeah. It's just easier to say that I genuinely love every singly SY album deeply. In the list of ongoing obsessions -- SY has been my longest and most serious obsession. Trust me. I'm a lot more intense than you might think. 8)


I'm a big SY fan as well, although my unhealthy music obsession ran deep with The Smashing Pumpkins for most of the 90s (I own 90% of even obscure releases and 1000+ CD/DVDs of live shows)...but not so much with the current incarnation of the band...

Anyway, EVOL is great, and I guess if I were to be picky I'd say that 88-92 and then 02-06 were their best periods - the six albums from those years are all masterful. But, I also agree that all of their stuff is solid (including the awesome SYR series). Murray Street is my fave album by them (and one of my faves by anyone) and Jim O'Rourke is an absolute genius...
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37870
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 pm

My favorite SYR's are 1, 2, 7, & 8.

I'm glad we have something else to talk about D. Haha. I tend to not discuss music/film/non-video game stuff here though becuz that's what I do constantly at the (gasp) SY forums, which I've been a member of since launch.

EDIT: when you said -2006, does that mean you purposefully left out SYR7, 8 and The Eternal??
Image
User avatar
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Good retro podcasts?

by Bradtemple87 Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 pm

ALLGENGAMERS, great new podcast from some mega collectors on youtube, really great episodes so far featuring turbografx, working designs, and neo geo w/ guest hosts

look them up on itunes
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest