Next-Gen

Game Shop For Sale on eBay

Post by hashiriya1 »

Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Re: Game Shop For Sale on eBay

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Wow!! If I only had an extra $30K I would so go for it :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I'd love to own my own store, but if they're having to resort to these measures... probably not a good idea.

This kinda makes me wonder how the prospects of running a gaming-related small business are these days. I still have that dream of owning an arcade, but recessions are rarely a good time to own a luxury-related business...
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Ha, wow, that's in Grand Junction.

Its so close (kinda), if only I had the money :lol:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Quick question is there a ebay/auction thread on here where I just put my info and ebay link.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

benderx wrote:Quick question is there a ebay/auction thread on here where I just put my info and ebay link.

The Auctions section of the Marketplace?
spin the demon
24-bit

Post by spin the demon »

That Store is called Game Dude. I live in Grand Junction Colorado Ive got alot of my retro goodies from that store. Ive herd talk about it being for sale now I know its true.
SEGA:32X,Saturn X2,DC X2 GG,NINTENDO: NES,SUPER NES X2,64,Gamecube,Game Player,Wii,GBA SP Virtual Boy X3, DS SONY: PS1/PS2 (Slim) PS1/PS3 (80 Gig no PS2) PSP(FAT&SLIM BOTH BLACK) Microsoft:XBOX, 360 JVC:X'EYE SNK: NEO-GEO POCKET TEC-TOY: PLAYPAL(MEGA&MASTER), MUGA MP3/GAME PLAYER NEC/HUDSON: Turbo Grafx 16 X2 Arcade Machine (Speed Rumbler,1986) Atari: Lynx, Flash Back. Clones: FC TWIN
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

spin the demon wrote:That Store is called Game Dude. I live in Grand Junction Colorado Ive got alot of my retro goodies from that store. Ive herd talk about it being for sale now I know its true.

A shame another Retro store closing.
Load up while you can. Did the store offer repair services?
I think only way a Retro store can compete with gamestop.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Jayson
64-bit

Post by Jayson »

The sad but true fact is that hobbies like gaming are a luxury item when it comes down to it and hobbies are one of the first things that get cut when it's time to tighten the belt.

As the economy gets worse (I call bullshit on all the media saying that it's getting better), we will see more and more of the Mom & Pop stores that still carry retro stuff closing shop.

I know I'm not the only one that has cut waaay back on my spending.
:cry:
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

To television (Cnbc, fox business, bloomberg etc) The "economy getting better" Means the dow is above 10k. Doesn't matter to them if unemployment rate is sky high.