Game Shop For Sale on eBay

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
d123456
Next-Gen

Re: Game Shop For Sale on eBay

Post by d123456 »

30k, a bit much.
Most stuff he´s got will never find a buyer. Not every game can be sold. Retro gamers look for specific titles, they´re not like: Yeah, please give me 10 random old games.
If I had 30k I would go to Japan and get the cool stuff and fill my store with that.
FM Sega Master systems, Famicoms, Super Famicoms, Retro Sega, Nintendo, NEC stuff.
Japanese xbox, 360, ps1 and ps2 stuff.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Running a brick and mortar store is different than an online one. If you bought the inventory and started an ebay store you might be able to do better than he did.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I wonder if they sold off all the cool/valuable stuff already...
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

Anybody who's ever written (and I quote) "TO MUCH INVENTORY TO LIST IT ALL" when trying to sell a huge bundle of anything is either a lazy fuck, or acting in bad faith.

It might just be the latter here--surely a store keeps some record of inventory that he can just copy/paste or link on his auction?

I personally wouldn't pay a cent more for this than the value of the inventory, with a considerable bulk discount.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Anyone who is remotely serious about buying this would fly up to colorado and take a look for themselves.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

Jrecee wrote:Anyone who is remotely serious about buying this would fly up to colorado and take a look for themselves.

Think about this in terms of transaction costs.

Anyone remotely serious about buying this will want to know what the inventory consists of, so you can consider the cost of disseminating this information to the interested parties as a transaction cost.

So what are the ways to get this information out to all the interested parties?

a) Everyone interested in making an offer can fly out to Colorado and tabulate their own inventory list. This means that every single interested party has just incurred each of these as a transaction cost: cost of a two-way plane ticket, time spent traveling, and the actual time each person spent making their own inventory list while in the store.

b) Alternately, the seller just copies/pastes an inventory list he's already tabulated in the ordinary course of his business.

In the end, option (b) disseminates the information at a much lower aggregate cost.

Even if everyone is diligent enough to fly out to Colorado anyway, at least option (b) will save them the effort of making their own list while at the store.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I agree the inventory should be available. The seller says on the page that he is working on getting an inventory up.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

Jrecee wrote:I agree the inventory should be available. The seller says on the page that he is working on getting an inventory up.

Ah, I see the publicly posted reply the guy wrote. Guess there aren't in fact too many to list.

I'm curious what's in the inventory. Even if one's not interested in buying a store, it's a fun exercise to calculate how close to 30K the inventory is worth.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I like how it says FREE shipping US Postal Service Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box.

I'd like to see him fit that in a medium flat rate box. Would make a pretty killer mystery box sale :lol:
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

spin the demon wrote:That Store is called Game Dude. I live in Grand Junction Colorado Ive got alot of my retro goodies from that store. Ive herd talk about it being for sale now I know its true.

Hello fellow Coloradan!

I've never seen this store before, but then I don't get down to Grand Junction very often.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.