Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: "Bootleg" Bill Or "For-Real" Frank?

by Hobie-wan Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Indeed, which is why I'm puzzled that I ended up with a bootleg Rocky & Pocky with Becky. :?

(queue Noise's ears buzzing)

Aside from the Nintendo being silk screened on the GBA board inside there will be a number physically stamped into the label for Nintendo carts. It is usually a 2 digit /letter combo. Will be on the front of portable carts since that's the only label and on the back one for consoles.
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

by JohnBaxterly Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 am

Y'know, I don't think any of my old GBA games had a number stamped on them. I mean, sure, I never looked for it, but still. I can't remember ever seeing one, even on games I bought brand new (like Twisted!, for instance)!
"Hand over the wave, yeah, Hand over the water"
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am

Hobie-wan wrote:Indeed, which is why I'm puzzled that I ended up with a bootleg Rocky & Pocky with Becky. :?

funny how you act like this is a problem, but you won't just give me the damn cart. :roll:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 am

JohnBaxterly wrote:Y'know, I don't think any of my old GBA games had a number stamped on them. I mean, sure, I never looked for it, but still. I can't remember ever seeing one, even on games I bought brand new (like Twisted!, for instance)!

JB, did you read my big post about this a while ago?

http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/noise ... s-1390.php
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

by JohnBaxterly Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah NR, it came up while I was Googling all this stuff. But I'm a little lost: does the article say something about not having the number stamped on the cart or were you just telling me about it?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:26 am

one way that I found out if a GBA game is fake is to see where the metal contacts are.

Official games have a nintendo/year/copyright stamp just above the metal contacts.

Pirated games dont.

Some pirated games arent even sealed correctly. I have seen some where you can accually see the computer chips when you see them in the way that ive told you.

This is good for when you see one in real life. but when you buy it online, sadly thats not possible.

it all goes down to that famous saying "BUYER BEWARE"
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 am

Sometimes, you can't tell whether it is a bootleg or not, and you get an Indeterminate Ivan.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

by JohnBaxterly Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

lisalover1 wrote:you get an Indeterminate Ivan.

I love you for this post.
Return to General Gaming