Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

Re: Should I?

by JohnBaxterly Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Alright, so I found this. Cheaper (used) than the Micro. I do really hate the color, but I'm willing to sacrifice to get the SP.

Should I go for it or what? There's a Graphite on there, but it's $44.95 plus shipping, so yeah.

edit: I forgot that I could basically talk down the pawn shop to sell me the Micro for at least $35, if not $30. I'm probably just gonna end up buying that, unless I can find a cheap SP. It looks like all the better backlit ones are kinda steep, at least in comparison to what I could get for the Micro.
"Hand over the wave, yeah, Hand over the water"
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:56 pm

slowslow325 wrote:I always thought the backlit model was only in that gay baby blue and the gay pink.

Please refrain from using "gay" as an adjective. It suggests that you're immature.

I have a GBA SP2 in the pearl blue and it's worth it. The lighting is equivalent to an NDS or a GBM.
nickerous
8-bit

by nickerous Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:11 pm

The Game Boy Micros are $35 and the GBA SPs are $40 at Gamestop right now. Personally, I got 2 game boy micros off ebay for less than $30, both came with games and cases for the system. Did not realize the backlit SPs were going for $50 these days.

I have both and use both regularly. I take the Micro to work and play it during lunch. When I get home, I opt for the bigger screen and play the SP 101.
futuramaguy42
32-bit

by futuramaguy42 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 am

nickerous wrote:The Game Boy Micros are $35 and the GBA SPs are $40 at Gamestop right now. Personally, I got 2 game boy micros off ebay for less than $30, both came with games and cases for the system. Did not realize the backlit SPs were going for $50 these days.

I have both and use both regularly. I take the Micro to work and play it during lunch. When I get home, I opt for the bigger screen and play the SP 101.

The Gamestops near me have Micros for $30, at least last time I was there.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

by slowslow325 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:42 am

gtmtnbiker wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:I always thought the backlit model was only in that gay baby blue and the gay pink.

Please refrain from using "gay" as an adjective. It suggests that you're immature.

The majority of the time gay is used, it's used as an adjective. Otherwise it's used as a noun, and then it sounds about ten times more offensive. Either way, it was a great adjective to describe it. Gay is a word, whether people like it or not. Also, come to think of it, it could probably be used as a verb.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 am

slowslow325 wrote:
gtmtnbiker wrote:Please refrain from using "gay" as an adjective. It suggests that you're immature.

The majority of the time gay is used, it's used as an adjective. Otherwise it's used as a noun, and then it sounds about ten times more offensive. Either way, it was a great adjective to describe it. Gay is a word, whether people like it or not. Also, come to think of it, it could probably be used as a verb.

It is offensive to use it in that pejorative manner because it implies that all things gay are bad. Unless you are using it to describe something as cheerful or a person as homosexual, then don't.
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

Didn't we already have this discussion about using words like that?
Also, get a gamecube gameboy player. I prefer it over anything else.
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

by JohnBaxterly Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:54 am

My first thread with an argument in it! I feel so... proud. *sniff*

Anyways, I'm actually headin' back to my hometown on Wednesday, and the Gamestops we have in the mall there both carry GBA SPs (according to the website). Should I wait 'til then to get an SP or should I buy online?
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:57 am

Which one is cheaper?
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

by JohnBaxterly Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:59 am

yomomma1 wrote:Which one is cheaper?

Well, the GBA SPs are $40 at both Gamestops. It also doesn't tell you which color you're gonna get and whether or not it'll be the 101 or not. :(
Return to General Gaming