Should I?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Re: Should I?

Post by AmishSamurai »

JohnBaxterly wrote:I'm thinking about just dropping it, anyway. We'll see if I change my mind. Thanks for all your help, guys!

Don't drop it. Those things are breakable, even if they're made by Nintendo.

In seriousness though, the GB Micro is pretty cool, but a bit novelty. Considering you have a DSi, I'd get something to play your GBA games on if you still have any.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

Post by JohnBaxterly »

AmishSamurai wrote:Don't drop it. Those things are breakable

OH HO HO HO HO HO HA HA AHHHHHOOHSASOAOOJOJOHOHOHOHOH

Back to serious mode, I do wanna start another GBA collection, and the thing is pretty sleek-lookin' (IMO). I'm still considering it, because if nothing else, it's an attractive knick-knack to keep in my pocket.
"Hand over the wave, yeah, Hand over the water"
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

Personally I think the micro is cool....I have 3 of them. Two I bought at $20 each. The last one (Famicom edition) was $40. Although the screen is small, it's very sharp/clear. The backlighting is very good. Highly recommended in my opinion.
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

Post by JohnBaxterly »

gtmtnbiker wrote:it's very sharp/clear. The backlighting is very good.

That's what I've read about it over and over again. Makes me want it even more.

Thanks for your feedback, too!
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Don't get it. It's not worth $45 dollars, and it's just a novelty.

Get the two games. I hear both of them are great games, and I would assume there worth that, if not more.

Buy a GBA SP. It would be cheaper and it's better. It has a clamshell design so the screen is protected. But, it also plays GB and GBC games, as well as the GBA games.

If you're not interested in portability, and just want to play the games, you could look for a GB Player and a gamecube. They're awesome!
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

Post by JohnBaxterly »

Alright, first off, I just wanna thank all of you guys on here for giving me tips and helping me with a gaming purchase. I've done them many times in the past, but it's still very helpful to have people willing to... well, help! Once again, thanks.

Anyways, I'm starting to consider a GBA SP, and I'm hoping I won't sell it like my last two (pretty sure I won't, because I really miss my old games). My question to you all is whether or not I should get the normal SP or the super-ultra-mega-terrific-backlit model. I've never owned the latter, which is a reason to get it, but I've never actually seen it in action compared to the regular SP, so any input? Is there much of a difference?
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

JohnBaxterly wrote:Alright, first off, I just wanna thank all of you guys on here for giving me tips and helping me with a gaming purchase. I've done them many times in the past, but it's still very helpful to have people willing to... well, help! Once again, thanks.

Anyways, I'm starting to consider a GBA SP, and I'm hoping I won't sell it like my last two (pretty sure I won't, because I really miss my old games). My question to you all is whether or not I should get the normal SP or the super-ultra-mega-terrific-backlit model. I've never owned the latter, which is a reason to get it, but I've never actually seen it in action compared to the regular SP, so any input? Is there much of a difference?

Backlit model is hard to find. It's also pretty expensive from what I hear.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Is there any way to identify the backlit model without seeing it in person?
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

AppleQueso wrote:Is there any way to identify the backlit model without seeing it in person?

Look for model AGS-101. Search the forums to know about the available colors as this has been answered several times.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

I always thought the backlit model was only in that gay baby blue and the gay pink.

It's a big difference, and if you can find it for cheap, get it. If it is a lot more expensive than the other one, don't get it. And if it you don't like the gay colors, don't get it.

EDIT: A quick search on wikipedia shows I'm correct. The GBA SP 2 came in Pearl blue, pearl pink, and graphite (a slightly grayer version of black). However, I think the first GBA came in these colors, too. But if you find one that is one of those colors, there's a pretty high chance it's the second one.