Should I?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Should I?

Post by GSZX1337 »

slowslow325 wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:I was using that word to describe something. It was a perfect way to describe the color.

Yes, because lite-blue and pink GBAs totally take it up the ass. What a great way to describe them. :roll:

@OP: If you want to change the shell of the GBA to a color you like, you can get one of these.

No, but, again, I'm not talking about the technical definition.

Oh, so you're going with the bigoted definition? :roll:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

GSZX1337 wrote:Oh, so you're going with the bigoted definition? :roll:

No, I'm going with the definition that you thought of when you heard me describe the color.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

slowslow325 wrote:

No, I'm going with the definition that you thought of when you heard me describe the color.

When I think of "gay" I think of someone who is homosexual. A game console cannot be homosexual. I highly doubt that you meant that a game console was homosexual.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:

When I think of "gay" I think of someone who is homosexual. A game console cannot be homosexual. I highly doubt that you meant that a game console was homosexual.

When you heard me say "a gay baby blue", you thought of homosexual? You may have thought of that eventually, but it's not the first thing you thought of. Unless you have been living under a rock, you thought of what I was thinking of at first.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

slowslow325 wrote:When you heard me say "a gay baby blue", you thought of homosexual? You may have thought of that eventually, but it's not the first thing you thought of. Unless you have been living under a rock, you thought of what I was thinking of at first.

I just looked through this entire thread and I don't see where you define what "gay baby blue" means. I see definitions from other but not from you. What does it mean to you? What is your definition?

The only definition that I know is the one that Hobie used. To me, you're implying that pearl blue is only a color that girls and effeminate homosexuals like.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:When you heard me say "a gay baby blue", you thought of homosexual? You may have thought of that eventually, but it's not the first thing you thought of. Unless you have been living under a rock, you thought of what I was thinking of at first.

I just looked through this entire thread and I don't see where you define what "gay baby blue" means. I see definitions from other but not from you. What does it mean to you? What is your definition?

The only definition that I know is the one that Hobie used. To me, you're implying that pearl blue is only a color that girls and effeminate homosexuals like.

It's a definition I can't put into words.

If that's the definition you think of, great. If it gave you a mental image, better, so what? It's not like it's a derogatory term.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

slowslow325 wrote:
gtmtnbiker wrote:

If that's the definition you think of, great. If it gave you a mental image, better, so what? It's not like it's a derogatory term.

One of the items in the stickied forum guidelines is this:

racketboy wrote:C. General Rules
Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.

As several people including myself pointed out, what you said was offensive. Please refrain from this in future postings in this forum.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:
gtmtnbiker wrote:

One of the items in the stickied forum guidelines is this:

racketboy wrote:C. General Rules
Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.

As several people including myself pointed out, what you said was offensive. Please refrain from this in future postings in this forum.

What I said was not offensive. If you say, "It can be offensive to some people", then we can't say anything, but someone could find something in any sentence and say it's offensive.

Again, if I say "I hate black DS's", that does not mean I hate black people. Gay, in our society has another meaning that is (as best as I can put it) something that a stereotypical girl would like. It doesn't mean I'm insulting women, or homosexuals, I am just describing the object.

Yomomma's name is offensive.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Slowslow325, just admit you committed a faux pas.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

GSZX1337 wrote:Slowslow325, just admit you committed a faux pas.

Had to look that one up....

I didn't commit a "violation of accepted social norms" because saying "gay" in that manner IS an accepted social norm by most people. The people that don't accept it, need to give reasons why we shouldn't say it. Because it offends gay people? Well, maybe those people should learn it's not an insult to them. It can only insult you if you think it's insulting to you.

Also, if anyone got offended by me describing the color "baby blue", they need therapy.