HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.September LineUp

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Re: HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.

Post by hashiriya1 »

TEKTORO wrote:I did write a review of "D" and some how i wenrt to submit and bang lost it all....very very poed.so i should repost as soon as i take a break from today.sorry guys its a well formated review btw but ill let you be the judge.

That's why you gotta write your long posts in a word processing program, then cut and paste!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

yea thats what my wife said i was pretty much complaining about it the whole day.I figured it out.honestly I work and play games learning basic computer skills didnt fit into the equation.lol
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Ok guys with no further delays my review of Sega Saturns "D".

Title-"D"
Genre-1 player interactive horror
Publisher-Acclaim
Developer-WARP(Kabushiki Kaisha)
Released-1996
Rated-Teen

A full moon rises over L.A. national hospital.
D...the Daughter.
Inside-the father,a doctor gone mad...
D...Darkness.
but why?Outside-the daughter...
D...Destiny.
the innocent,the seeker.
D...Despair.
you are about to enter the darkness forever!
D...Delirium.
With stunning computer-rendered 3-D graphics,D's desent into
D...Death.
the dark pit of your soul is a tour-de-force
D...Damnation.
of terrifying secrets and challenges.
(quoted from back cover art)
D...Duh!

Concept:Take the enthusiastic Saturn owner and have them engulfed in a atmospheric moody,creepy interactive horror tale.
Scored-9/10

Graphics:I wasnt compairing D's graphics to any other title from its generation,But as a video game medium all on its own.I couldnt really complain in this department,I thought everything looked very well as no enviorment was an eyesore.I especially loved the lighting going down the stairway leading to the "78" puzzle door.The grit from the lighting made me feel as if I was going to a very very bad place.The lighting and atmosphere are very acceptable throughout this game.
Scored-8/10

Sound:I couldnt ask for anything better to fit this title.You have a depressing gong constantly setting the mood in the background with your occasional devious whimsical segments here and there,when you discover an area or find a clue/solve a puzzle.And no one ever forgets "his" voice chanting laura.LAURA!
Although repetitive I enjoy the sounds during the flashback sequences,certainly freaky if you listen close to the reverse effect they used.
Scored-9/10

Playability:Interactions and transversing the hospital could of felt more natural,first playthrough can be a pain trying to figure out path and puzzle directions.On the other hand,on your second playthrough you should have everything memorized thus making it better paced and a much enjoyable experience.
Scored-6/10

Entertainment:Basically a dark mystery represented through clues,puzzles,and exploration.If your looking for a solid cult classic to add to your Saturn horror collection then you'll most likely try finding this one.
Scored-7/10

Replay Value:Moderate,while there's just two(2) endings."D" could however entertain some gamer buddies on a rainy day,once you mastered the controls,as you can pace through the game smoothly while they sit back and enjoy the show.
Scored-6/10

Verdict:"D" is definitley a stand out title for it's originality,and presentation.Of course its controls and replay is where it lacks,however the concept is great along with is sounds.Its cover art is bound to catch attention,its still a horror classic,and a pure gem in my eyes.If your a mainstream collecter then you may not see what i see from this title.
Overall Score-7.5/10
slightly above average,but a good game from beginining to end..

Feel free to let me know what you guys think about my first review.Of course I plan on to evolve by considering all comments and remarks.Thanks very much!!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Good review!
How does it compare to Silent Hill's graphics, sound and puzzles?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Anapan wrote:Good review!
How does it compare to Silent Hill's graphics, sound and puzzles?

I would say very close in comparison,as far as graphics both excellent for its time and todays standard.Both similar on puzzle structure,except Silent Hill you explore more between puzzles.D and Silent hill can have some annoying stumpers on first playthrough,but lighten up on second playthrough.One is interacitve 1st person and a very short game,the other is 3rd person and few hours longer.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Just what I wanted to hear! It's been added to my list of games to acquire.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: (updated 8/25)HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.

Post by TEKTORO »

Thanks for the show in intrest,well im ready to take the next batch of review suggestions.There has been a slew of new additions to my collection so dont be shy to drop me a line on what you would like to see me play and ill review it specially for you.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.Coming Soon..

Post by TEKTORO »

Okay I ll take matters into my own hands this time :?

Upcoming reviews for September.
9/4-Lunar legends (GBA)
9/11-Sword of the berserk(DC)
9/18-Record of lodoss war (DC)
9/25-Arc rise Fantashia (wii)

and that about sums it up for september keep an eye out and feedback is always welcome...stay tuned for octobers line up..which will include reviews from series such as Silent hill,Resident Evil,Fatal frame,and of course anything else scary i can get my hands on.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.September LineUp

Post by TEKTORO »

Im lil behind on lunar legends as im close to wrapping up a review for it.I should have it up by 09/06.I,m excited on what i want to play for octobers line up.I would like forum members to also recommend me a game to play for many more of my future reviews.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: HELP TEKTORO PICK A GAME TO PLAY AND REVIEW.September LineUp

Post by TEKTORO »

Boo to myself..Im no longer gonna keep up with this..Its was fun and a challenge for me to dedicate myself hopefully theres no dissappointments,look at the bright side there are plenty of great reviews being made by plenty of forum members here.but i will remain a active member commenting here and there on plenty of threads.R.I.P teks reviews :cry: