The Supreme Court violent games regulation case

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
puke_face

Re: The Supreme Court violent games regulation case

Post by puke_face »

AppleQueso wrote:And now we watch as this thread derails into a discussion over America's civil liberties.

Good call. :o
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Okay, are you guys signing the petition?
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I signed it already.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

jfrost wrote:For what is worth, what I missed most while I lived in the US were little freedoms that Americans don't seem to be even aware of having lost anymore, like, I don't know, drinking outdoors.

American society has shown it's not mature enough to handle drinking. Plus, that one varies county to county. Vegas lets you run open containers just fine. Others don't. It depends on the local community.
Kids play in with these rubber toys so they don't get hurt,

That one makes me sad. When I was a kid I saw a progressive elimination of playground activities as one kid would get hurt. Again, though, that's a local thing. It's not even mandated in any laws; the local authorities just knuckle under to a few whiny parents instead of telling them to shut the fuck up and realize that getting hurt is part of being a kid.
On the other hand, you guys set the standard on things like freedom of speech. This September in this country, for instance, we have elections, and the Superior Electoral Court ruled that political humor that make fun of politicians or parties in electoral period are forbidden. In a civilized country, this wouldn't even be subject to discussion, but this is Brazil. We are centuries behind the US.

Nowhere is perfect, except Rapture.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.