AVGN disagreements

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Para
128-bit

Re: AVGN disagreements

Post by Para »

His review of Dick Tracy was totally wrong. The game is actually good and there is a lot to it. He is just terrible at it. The snipers on the roofs can be killed very easily and there is a way to heal. I don't really want to get into it very much but Dick Tracy is a sweet game and he just didn't give it a chance and he doesn't know how to play it.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

Dudes, he's a fucking critic.

No crap you'll disagree with him a good deal, nobody has the same opinions as everyone else. You shouldn't get upset over the one game you like that he doesn't, it's bound to happen. If you don't like his methods, well that's understandable, but a difference in opinion? That should be the reason why you watch it.

Hell, half the games you guys are up in arms over he likes. He likes zelda 2, he loves most castlevania games, though he finds 2 frustrating (even though he likes the atmosphere and music and general gameplay). He even reviewed SMB3, and do you really think anyone hates that game?
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
KillemallCFH
32-bit

Post by KillemallCFH »

final fight cd wrote:i think AVGN might be past his prime. his reviews from the past two or so years just seem like he is forcing everything and his anger/rants/complaints don't seem genuine. there countless terrible games out there and he chose zelda II to be angry at. it doesn't make sense.
He's had plenty of good reviews in the past two years, but I agree that he's definitely been losing it lately. The Game Glitches episode sucked, and the Zelda II one was pretty weak. He doesn't have nearly as much energy as he used to and it all seems very forced, which is a shame.

As far as games I've disagreed on, I actually liked both the NES Godzilla games (the sidescroller and the weird strategy game).
I'm known as ZebetiteGlitch or Zeza Von Thantos on other platforms.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ive watched random AVGN and Irate Gamer videos and I lump them with Yahtzee. They are simply slam critics that focus on making mountains out of molehills and are sometimes really funny. I will confess I havent seen a whole lot of their stuff - I was watching them to see why people thought they were so great, but that is what I drew from it.

He created a character and marketed that. It is just like how Nathan created Keith and marketed him.
dgamemuster
128-bit

Post by dgamemuster »

AVGN sucks! that's my opinion. I'm not laughing either.
crux
128-bit

Post by crux »

yomomma1 wrote:So...

Metroidvania doesn't exist, it is now called metroid. ... except that Metroid doesn't have rpg qualities like SOTN.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at. Symphony of the Night was the first Castlevania game to be directly inspired by Metroid, thus Metroidvania. It's a portmanteau of Castlevania and Metroid and a quite literal one at that. Symphony of the Night plus Metroid would make it, what, twice as Metroid inspired?
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

My disagreement was the fact that If there are no other elements in a metroidvania game other than elements found in metroid, why would castlevania be important? Also newer Metroidvania have rpg elements
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

dgamemuster wrote:AVGN sucks! that's my opinion. I'm not laughing either.

I share this opinion with you.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I don't think he's all that funny, but he can be pretty informative and make really good videos when he wants to. Just look at his non AVGN stuff sometime.

I really think he should drop the AVGN persona, it got old ages ago.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

AppleQueso wrote:I really think he should drop the AVGN persona, it got old ages ago.

He's pretty much dropped it completely in his newer AVGN videos.