AVGN disagreements

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: AVGN disagreements

Post by Luke »

I usually like Rolfe's work, but I couldn't even watch the whole video this week. The art was alright but the rhyming was awful.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

so is the whole video him making rhymes about video games?

i too cut it short. i couldn't take it anymore.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

final fight cd wrote:so is the whole video him making rhymes about video games?

i too cut it short. i couldn't take it anymore.

The delivery is just dreadful. Ah, one shitty review out of dozens.
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

Yeah the Christmas Special was pretty bad... Not to mention it got released on YouTube rather than GameTrailers. My guess is he submitted it and they said, "This isn't what our contract stipulates." So it went to YouTube and the holiday retrospective went to GameTrailers. Either way they were both bad. I couldn't finish either of them.

In my opinion, he hasn't had a worthwile AVGN video since last year. Enjoyed the Castlevania series...
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Since I use the AVGN videos to determine what I should think about a particular game, I have yet to disagree with him.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

GryeDor wrote:Yeah the Christmas Special was pretty bad... Not to mention it got released on YouTube rather than GameTrailers. My guess is he submitted it and they said, "This isn't what our contract stipulates." So it went to YouTube and the holiday retrospective went to GameTrailers. Either way they were both bad. I couldn't finish either of them.

In my opinion, he hasn't had a worthwile AVGN video since last year. Enjoyed the Castlevania series...

I think a part of it is that he's taking too much on at once and isn't focusing on his core competencies.