Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CAv
24-bit

AVGN disagreements

by CAv Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:46 pm

I saw this conversation brewing on a thread about the CD-i Zelda games and I figured it deserved it's own thread.
So, who here has disagreed with the Angry Videogame Nerd on a review?
Personally, I thought that the Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle games were pretty good for their time and are still fun to bust out every once in a while. I was really surprised when he bashed them.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Re: AVGN disagreements

by hashiriya1 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I think he's pretty on par with what sucks. The only time I was thinking "The game isn't THAT bad" is his review of TMNT for NES. Even with the seaweed, I still enjoy that game.
Hatta
Next-Gen

by Hatta Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Quite frequently, in fact. AVGN is great, but for entertainment purposes only. It's more entertaining to talk shit about a game or console than it is to present a balanced picture.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I love Friday the 13th (NES) and Zelda II.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

He reviews game with a certain attitude and highlighting things that make him angry. It would be pretty boring and against his nerd character if he just pointed out the great things.

I think its important to remember he is not so much a video game critic so much as a actor portraying a character.
Pichu
128-bit

by Pichu Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:13 pm

I recently got Crazy Castle, and since the only gameplay I've seen was the AVGN and some LP'er on Youtube who got his ass kicked, I didnt have a good idea what to expect. But I really like it so far. Very nice to pull out, play a level, then get back to paying attention to the teacher (wait what?), thanks to it's convienent 4-letter password.
:p

So the AVGN is pretty accurate if you care about that.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

noiseredux wrote:I love Friday the 13th (NES) and Zelda II.

ditto. also Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle is a good game in my point of view. i don't agree with this dude reviews all the time. he even don't like Zombie Ate My Neighbors :!: ....so his taste is not my taste (or to each it's own).
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

by ReddMcKnight Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:19 pm

CAv wrote:I saw this conversation brewing on a thread about the CD-i Zelda games and I figured it deserved it's own thread.
So, who here has disagreed with the Angry Videogame Nerd on a review?
Personally, I thought that the Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle games were pretty good for their time and are still fun to bust out every once in a while. I was really surprised when he bashed them.

By any chance, was this CD-i Zelda Thread my LP Thread? :)
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:20 pm

sevin0seven wrote:ditto. also Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle is a good game in my point of view. i don't agree with this dude reviews all the time. he even don't like Zombie Ate My Neighbors :!: ....so his taste is not my taste (or to each it's own).

I think that James Rolfe has said himself that, as the Nerd, he has bashed games that he actually likes.
Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Limewater wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:ditto. also Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle is a good game in my point of view. i don't agree with this dude reviews all the time. he even don't like Zombie Ate My Neighbors :!: ....so his taste is not my taste (or to each it's own).

I think that James Rolfe has said himself that, as the Nerd, he has bashed games that he actually likes.

sounds very supportive. :lol:
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Return to General Gaming