Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
jfrost
Next-Gen

Re: I'm Really Starting To Hate Namco.

by jfrost Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 am

The anime is separated between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in Japan as well. It's the manga that is one and only story.

But I don't actually know how niche DB is in the US. It isn't here. I have never heard of any sentiment against the original series.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 am

pepharytheworm wrote:If you do a search and put lisalover1 as author and search for "Tales of" there are 9 pages, Try they same search for CRTgamer and "Wico" or "YLOD". I think they both love to talk passionatly about what they love over and over again. Well, you can't say they aren't dedicated. By the way CRTs last post on YLOD was Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 pm, its been 2 weeks. Wico was last mentioned, Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:51 am. On the positive there are only 4 pages if you search Namco and Lisalover1.

If you search for J T and "awesome" you will find 420 matching records across 42 pages. This proves that I am a stoner, despite never smoking pot.

Words to live by:
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:38 am

Flake wrote:
jfrost wrote:What's odd is that Dragon Ball is far from being niche.

Dragonball without the 'Z' is quite niche. Even among die hard Dragonball Z fans, there is a lot of sentiment against the original series.

...which is funny because the two series are only segregated in the Western markets. In Japan it's all the same thing, just two time periods of the same story.

A lot of American fans just prefer the amazing flying Aryan warriors, I guess.

I personally LOVED and I mean LOVED the original Dragon Ball and hate DBZ. Dragon Ball was about seeing little Son Goku travel the world and see amazing places. Like a big adventure it was so fun and pretty funny.

DBZ on the other hand was "aAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHH MEEEE STRONGER. ME TAKE MORE STEROIDS AND HAVE BIGGER MUSCLES THAN YOU"

that's why I love One Piece. It's a huge adventure. The crew travels to amazing places and you the viewer are along for the ride.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:49 am

Once they went past SS2 it got weird, I mean really do you need that much hair?
jfrost
Next-Gen

by jfrost Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:39 pm

ZeroAX wrote:that's why I love One Piece. It's a huge adventure. The crew travels to amazing places and you the viewer are along for the ride.

One Piece is my favorite cartoon (and manga), despite my avatar here.

Anyone know if there are good One Piece games? I've seen some videos of Wii games but they mostly look tacky, I don't know.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm

jfrost wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:that's why I love One Piece. It's a huge adventure. The crew travels to amazing places and you the viewer are along for the ride.

One Piece is my favorite cartoon (and manga), despite my avatar here.

Anyone know if there are good One Piece games? I've seen some videos of Wii games but they mostly look tacky, I don't know.

the Wii games are actually pretty good. Plenty of effort has been put in them. Plus Oda designed new costumes for the games, and I think also wrote the story, so it feels like a real one piece arc, just with more "small fry" fighting, so they can fill the "game" part. Plus Japanese voices in the western versions = win.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Jrecee wrote:Please don't search "jrecee" and "panzer dragoon saga"

The sad thing is I did awhile back, I was actually surprised as it was less than I thought it would be.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
dlmvii
Next-Gen

by dlmvii Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:
Jrecee wrote:Please don't search "jrecee" and "panzer dragoon saga"

The sad thing is I did awhile back, I was actually surprised as it was less than I thought it would be.

I heard that game sucks anyways
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:46 am

jfrost wrote:But I don't actually know how niche DB is in the US. It isn't here. I have never heard of any sentiment against the original series.

Considering you see DB Box Sets in Wal Mart and they tend to sell fairly quickly I'd say that DB is pretty far from niche as well.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 am

searching noiseredux + GBA yields 72 pages. :oops:
Return to General Gaming