Is it possible to use Saturn or Genesis controllers on a PS2

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
hcgamer
8-bit

Is it possible to use Saturn or Genesis controllers on a PS2

Post by hcgamer »

I have been playing SF anniversary collection on ps2 it is the best port of SSF II I have played on a home console full screen , no loading times, all the animations are in the game one problem the dual shock pad blows for fighting games my game suffers because of it. I purchased SF Anthology and I have my eye on Darkstalkers collection I enjoy the Capcom 2d fighters the Saturn ps2 pad is out of my budget range as is the ascii ft2 pad I own three original saturn pads and four genesis six button controllers if there were a way to use any of these pads to play these games it would be perfection is there a converter I can purchase to use my saturn or genesis pads on my ps2?
Xonticus
128-bit

Re: Is it possible to use Saturn or Genesis controllers on a PS2

Post by Xonticus »

Without doing any research, I too am wondering about this.
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I was going to post ToToTek but that place has mainly adapters to do the opposite.

iirc Sega made a limited edition Saturn controller for ps2.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Bam!!!
here you go scroll down. Oh wait you are talking about ps2, Homebrew sega geneis games or adapters
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath ... 0262bb0e68

They are out of stock at the moment, sorry.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Jayson
64-bit

Post by Jayson »

I don't know of any adapters, sorry. The closest thing you are going to find to the way more expensive Saturn PS2 pad is the Street Fighter Anniversary pad that was released years ago. They had different characters and colors.

I have no idea if this is a reputable site or not, but they have one for $20: http://store.video-game-central.com/ps2 ... oller.html
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

AFAIK that exact adapter isn't available.
The closest I can think of is the SmartJoy FRAG, which makes a PS/2 mouse and keyboard work on a Playstation 2 as dualshock input devices. With one of those wired through a keyboard Microchip with the right wiring one could be made up...
Ask on this guys forum:
http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/Bliss-Box/
This guy knows the ins and outs of controllers better than anyone else I've ever conversed with.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

Jayson wrote:I don't know of any adapters, sorry. The closest thing you are going to find to the way more expensive Saturn PS2 pad is the Street Fighter Anniversary pad that was released years ago. They had different characters and colors.

I have no idea if this is a reputable site or not, but they have one for $20: http://store.video-game-central.com/ps2 ... oller.html

I was also thinking of suggesting these. Quite a good solution I would think