Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Re: Activision says games with female leads can't sell

by pepharytheworm Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Shabba wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:If men leads sell games more then why are all of the worst selling and worst games starring men. I am not sure what sex E.T. really is though. If you go by Activision logic then they shouldn't have male leads because they have the worst sales record also.

You don't think that's offset by the hundreds of great selling games starring male lead roles?

I am using Activision Logic. The best of all logics. Plus I think thousands upon thousands unsucessful games might offset hundreds of great selling male leading games.
Last edited by pepharytheworm on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Ack

by Ack Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 pm

ZeroAX wrote:
Ack wrote:Dare I ask what absurdly high number of units sold does ZeroAX require before he considers a game successful?

Well 5 million I guess.

You realize that Capcom has only once released a game that sold over 5 million units?

Eh, oh well, judging from Activision logic, Activision doesn't make games for me anyway. I have no problem player characters with differing genders or ethnicities, and a game doesn't have to sell a bajillion units to make it successful in my eyes. What I find really funny about this is that Activision was founded to battle the evil Atari empire. It's interesting how the world changes...
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 am

Ack wrote:Eh, oh well, judging from Activision logic, Activision doesn't make games for me anyway. I have no problem player characters with differing genders or ethnicities, and a game doesn't have to sell a bajillion units to make it successful in my eyes. What I find really funny about this is that Activision was founded to battle the evil Atari empire. It's interesting how the world changes...

same with EA a few years ago. EA was founded to make stars out of the game programmers/designers. To give recognition to the people who make the gaming industry what it is.

Then it's founder leaves and the new ceo says "fuck quality MILK Need for Speed and Meda of Honor for all it's worth. Also make many many many crappy movie tie ins. Mouhhahahahaha. We'll be rich."

It worked pretty well for a few years. Then sales started dropping. Started dropping bad. And now the new guy has to salvage the situation. It's the previous guy's fault that EA was left with low quality brand names and gamers didn't trust EA anymore.

I'm thinking something like that will happen with Activision as well. Guitar Hero is already dieing and imo it won't be much longer for COD. Bobby Kottick will be sacked, he'll get a nice compensation package and the new guy will have to save Activion by turning to quality software. And like EA, the investors will be saying "with the old guy we used to have much better profits, fuck quality give us easy money. Who wants to do real work to earn money?"
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:40 am

They're just not thinking creatively enough:

My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 am

Just thought I would post this here, this is Roberta Williams (Creator of the Kings Quest series and founder of Sierra Online) response to being asked about the controversy surrounding the inclusion of a female protagonist in Kings Quest IV.

I guess that I'm not understanding as to why you would consider the introduction of Rosella in King's Quest IV as a controversy. To me, it seemed a natural, and, in fact, King's Quest IV was a much bigger hit than I, II, or III. I do feel that King's Quest IV was a pivotal game in bringing in more female players. However, in no way did King's Quest IV turn off male players. Not at all.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:32 am

J T wrote:They're just not thinking creatively enough:

:o

:D
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:34 am

What's the red button for?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm

MrPopo wrote:What's the red button for?

The red button activates Star Power dummy. You're not very good that game.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
the7k
Next-Gen

by the7k Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm

You gotta really know how to push her buttons...
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Ack wrote:
You realize that Capcom has only once released a game that sold over 5 million units?

Eh, oh well, judging from Activision logic, Activision doesn't make games for me anyway. I have no problem player characters with differing genders or ethnicities, and a game doesn't have to sell a bajillion units to make it successful in my eyes. What I find really funny about this is that Activision was founded to battle the evil Atari empire. It's interesting how the world changes...

I think sales expecations are going up. Prices of games haven't gone up much in the last few years. But the cost to produce games keeps going up.
Return to General Gaming