Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by dedalusdedalus Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:25 pm

The "Super Robot Taisen" series is the pinnacle of mecha fan-service.

Also, "Chaos Wars" for RPG mash-up.
User avatar
lisalover1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by lisalover1 Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:30 pm

dedalusdedalus wrote:Also, "Chaos Wars" for RPG mash-up.

I was going to mention that, but...
Thread Title wrote:Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games
Image
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8323
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by alienjesus Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Isnt there a Jump Superstars fighting game or something like that on GBA. I know its meant to be good, but I dont even know if i got the name right, as im not a manga fan.

Astro Boy Omega Factor has a lot of cameos from characters who I assume are from other manga/anime.

And lets not forget the Sega Superstars Tennis or Sonic and Sgea Allstars Racing games.
Image
User avatar
Jrecee
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4508
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Jrecee Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Matt Hazard
User avatar
emwearz
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by emwearz Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:33 pm

I felt Sega Super Star Tennis was a pretty good fan-service, SeGaGaGa if it actually was released in English speaking regions might have got a vote, but its hardly a fan service if half of Sega's fans couldnt play the game.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Gamerforlife Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Batman Arkham Asylum and most popular comic book games that come out these days are full of references for comic book geeks

Kingdom Hearts series for Disney AND Final Fantasy fan service

The last Prince of Persia game featuring a Jade outfit for Elika(Jade being from Beyond Good and Evil)

Cannon Spike-Capcom fan service

Zombie Revenge - One for both House of Dead fans as well as beat'em up fans

Battletoads & Double Dragon

The Megaman X games with their Streetfighter moves that can be found. MMX4 even had a Ken/Ryu ripoff for a boss

Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne-For some crazy reason they tried to appeal to Devil May Cry fans by including Dante

Um, ALL Nippon Ichi games with all the cameos from their other games
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Gamerforlife Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm at a loss to remember them all, but I think The Red Star is full of references to other retro games. I think one of the bosses resembles an ikaruga boss and there's a street fighter reference in there and some others too. There was an article with all the retro references but I don't remember where

And I love this Lost easter egg from X-Men Origins:Wolverine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn7MAKGuVC0
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Jrecee
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4508
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Jrecee Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:42 am

Gamerforlife wrote:I'm at a loss to remember them all, but I think The Red Star is full of references to other retro games. I think one of the bosses resembles an ikaruga boss and there's a street fighter reference in there and some others too. There was an article with all the retro references but I don't remember where

And I love this Lost easter egg from X-Men Origins:Wolverine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn7MAKGuVC0


I don't get it.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Gamerforlife Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 am

Jrecee wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I'm at a loss to remember them all, but I think The Red Star is full of references to other retro games. I think one of the bosses resembles an ikaruga boss and there's a street fighter reference in there and some others too. There was an article with all the retro references but I don't remember where

And I love this Lost easter egg from X-Men Origins:Wolverine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn7MAKGuVC0


I don't get it.


You mean the video?

It's a reference to the tv show Lost. The hatch with the light in it was a key moment in the show. Don't know why I included it as it's not really game related, but I know it was quite a treat for players who watch the show. The game does have one really cool easter egg that IS game related though. The cake from the game Portal

The guys who made that game knew their audience, most gamers are familiar with Portal and I know a lot of gamers are Lost fans too. This are things that have NOTHING to do with Wolverine but they put them in there as a type of fan-service for gamers. Here's the cake from Portal I mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_31CMvmueM
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Jrecee
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4508
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

by Jrecee Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 am

Ah ok, I was thinking it was something that was in the x-men comics or some joke that was supposed to make sense based on what he was doing.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests