Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Nominate The Best Fan-Service Games

Post by J T »

You definitely need Team Fortress 2 in the list. That game gets a new update every few weeks at no charge to the fans. It's crazy how much attention that game gets from Valve.

All of the Capcom Street Fighter VS series make for great fan service games.

Persona 3 FES was a really good bit of fan service. They re-released Persona 3 for a cheap price, included bonus goodies, and it has a whole secondary mission for you to run through. Shin Megami Tensei games generally have reasonably good fan service. You see recognizable characters throughout the series and the games often come packaged with lots of bonus goodies like soundtracks, art books, etc. Atlus is a great company for this sort of thing.

I don't play it, but I would think World of Warcraft might count too. You have to pay for a subscription, but that game is regularly updated with new content.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Why is it that I instantly thought this thread was about Misato and Evangelion games?

How could you not think of Misato when "fan-service" is brought up? She's always promising that there'll be plenty of it in the next episode!

Anyway, I'll nominate SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium. Aside from all the playable characters, there were tons of little touches as well, from the various characters in the Olympics mini-game area, the wide range of backgrounds, to even just the characters that would come out during Akari's Level 2 Parade Super. Tons of fan-service dripping from this game, and it's arguably the best portable fighter ever.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

A ton of stuff in the Mortal Kombat franchise was directly inspired by fan rumors from the previous games.
terrybogard
32-bit

Post by terrybogard »

Star Parodier for the PC Engine Super CDRom - Its a shmup where you can play as bomberman or a PC Engine Console Shooting CDRoms .......

Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Lol, I misunderstood too. Onechanbara immediately came to mind...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

The Gran Turismo series offers fans a lot of goodies. Rare one-off cars, aftermarket company build cars (Spoon's AP1, Tajima's Pike's Peak Escudo, Ken Nomura's ER34, Vertex Soarer, etc ). It seems Kazunori Yamauchi is listening to the fans of the series by adding cars he doesn't necessarily like, but he knows fans love.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Parodius?
Kid Dracula?