Collecting Game Guides

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Chris Leach
128-bit

Re: Collecting Game Guides

Post by Chris Leach »

I used to collect guides, then I sold then all to Lisalover 1...LOL! I still have quite a few, but I just realized again I have some of the smaller nintendo power guuides..like zelda and how to win at super mario bros and an insert for the wizard...
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

I do think guides can add some extra values to a game, like interviews with the producer, artworks that are not in the instruction. The DoubleJump guide for Genji: Dawn of the Samurai (PS2) has explanation for the historical background of the game.

The worst offender is definitely Brady's guide for FF IX! FU for PlayOn-line.com!

And I do buy JP VG guide, as they offer higher quality in context and product than US.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

skyknight wrote:I do think guides can add some extra values to a game, like interviews with the producer, artworks that are not in the instruction. The DoubleJump guide for Genji: Dawn of the Samurai (PS2) has explanation for the historical background of the game.

The worst offender is definitely Brady's guide for FF IX! FU for PlayOn-line.com!

And I do buy JP VG guide, as they offer higher quality in context and product than US.

I know; I have that one. At one point, the guide actually had the audacity to say "This boss has a weakness. Go to PlayOnline to find out what it is!" That was just cold.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

A very good point, game guides as collectibles, to be read and invested.

There are some great gamer Guides. Look at GOD OF WAR for example, huge book!
The guides I hate are the ones with small pics, makes no sense to me.

I had to toss out a shelf full of my PC Gamer mags to make room for console guides.
A sign of the times, look at all the PC games at goodwill.

I wonder how much Dreamcast HALF LIFE Guide will be worth in a few years?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

i have the tales of symphonia artbook that was a preorder item if you are interested, also some rare other guides like brave fencer musashi, romancing saga, star ocean 3, radiata stories, tales of legendia w/ art book, kingdom hearts 2, arc the lad twilight, Ys AON, lots of others, if you are interested in anything just send me a message, we can work something out
Yukima
32-bit

Post by Yukima »

I collect game guides - mostly for Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts and a couple of other games. They're the closest things I can get to official artbooks for the games, especially those games that never got artbooks (pretty much anything that isn't Square Enix...)
Retr0bright console de-yellowing guide:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17667
Arbitern1
128-bit

Post by Arbitern1 »

I've collected them since i was a little kid and have amassed a collection of 250+ guides. I love the things. I like to sit and just read them sometimes haha.